Gull Lake

wellandrivercarper

The lake is BIG Gull lake near Arden, Ontario.... found this online for ya....maybe it'll help?

Big Gull Lake is one of the largest natural lakes of the Land O'Lakes region. With 102 km of wilderness shoreline to explore, over 24 km in length and 2.5km wide. The nearest city to Big Gull Lake is Arden, Ontario. Big Gull Lake consists of 5,840 acres with rocky and sandy shorelines. The Mean Depth is 14 ft. with the maximum depth of 85 ft. Big Gull Lake drains into the Mississippi.

Fishing Big Gull Lake

Big Gull Lake offers fishing types such as walleye, small and large mouth black bass, northern pike, muskellunge, perch, whitefish or a variety of pan fish that live in the many rocky shoals and bays? The fishing on Big Gull Lake is among the best in the area. No matter where you fish in this lake, you're sure of coming home with a catch. Big Gull Lake is in South eastern Ontario surrounded by many easily accessible lakes. Big Gull Lake links up, to one of the most beautiful Canoe Routes available in Ontario. It travels through 100 km of waterways, that includes nine lakes and unbelievable scenery.

Big Gull Lake offers activities such as, Bird Watching, Canoeing, Hiking, Kayaking, Rock Hounding, Rock Jumping, Snorkeling, Sailing, Scuba Diving, Swimming, Wake Boarding, Water Skiing, Water Sports, Wind Surfing and so many other enjoyable sports.

I stayed on this lake last year. Lots of little bass, mostly smallies but found a few largies. Biggest of the week was about 3 pounds. Explored a good chunk of the lake. Didn't see any pike or musky. There were quite a few walleye anglers out in the evening before and after dusk in the main lake area. Not a lot of cottages, mostly crown land so the scenery was very nice and pretty quite.This is where we stayed and there is a map of the lake. http://www.campsbaycottages.com/images/lr-biggullmap.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

"The nearest city is Arden" Arden isn't exactly a city. If you blink, you'll miss it, seriously.

The Land O'lakes is my favorite area ever. THere are tons of lakes around there, as the name may imply.

I've only fished a few lakes in the region, but have always had great success. I can't speak for Big Gull lake personally, but if you've got a boat and trailer, and you're going to be there for 10 days. Try checking out some other lakes as well. Kennebec lake is long and skinny with good fishing. If you go there the way I think you will, you will pass by Kennebec. From highway 7 if you go north on Henderson Rd. there is a public boat launch to Kennebec on the right hand side right at the bridge. If there isn't a bait shop in Arden then you'll have to head east on HWY 7 to Sharbot Lake. Then down on HWY 38.

I have a cottage in that region, only heard of the odd musky caught in the there, maybe a couple per year, your probably better off targeting bass and walleye, if it is anything like my lake then you should get into some good smallies and walleye, try flicker shads crankbaits, twister tail jigs and worm harnesses with green blades trolled dead slow and close to bottom.

Archived