Lake Erie In Feb.

RJR

Finally for the first time that I have been fishing Lake Erie I have been able to use my boat in Feb. now I have been in the water for every month of the year. It was a nice quiet morning on the lake with little to no wind. I fished in 65 fow past the red marker out of Port Cobourne without a bite but marking alot of fish. Moved in to 56 fow and caught a couple of small perch Who says you have to go way up north to have a lake to yourself, I look around and I had for as far as I could see the whole lake to myself. It doesn't get any better than this (except if the fish were biting). Well at least now I have got my boat out in Feb.

Hey RJR, shoot me a PM, and i'll give you some tips for winter perch, think you were in the wrong area for this time of year. If my boat was not winterized, i would be out there too. this time last year i was out there ice fishin.

It's just nice to get out and relax and enjoy the morning.

That is the best part!The perch are not biting out there in any area so it would'nt of mattered who you had with ya!They are not in there winter grounds,believe me ive tried.

Guest live2fish85

Bigugli where abouts did you go out of on sunday? I was out all day sunday from first light to sun down and we got a ton of perch, some very nice ones to compared to thursday. We found an awesome spot out of Gilford. Hope next time you get some better luck. Bythe looks of it you had a decent day for whities. Hopefully next time you get better perch luck and maybe I will see ya out there.

Bigugli where abouts did you go out of on sunday? I was out all day sunday from first light to sun down and we got a ton of perch, some very nice ones to compared to thursday. We found an awesome spot out of Gilford. Hope next time you get some better luck. Bythe looks of it you had a decent day for whities. Hopefully next time you get better perch luck and maybe I will see ya out there.

We tried out by Beaverton for a change. That whole eastern side seemed slow, according to a hut operator.

Guest live2fish85

We tried out by Beaverton for a change. That whole eastern side seemed slow, according to a hut operator.

From what I heard alot of people said it was slow in closer to shore but alot were using just jigging raps we were getting most of ours on minnows and when that slowed the eyes worked good to bring them back in. Hard to believe that soon enough the carp will be prime again. If you want to get out for some Erie carp let me know. Got the perfect spot with no walking involved.

Archived