Beautiful Day(Even With The Skunk)

jesse

I looked at the forecast last night & called my buddy for a last second trip plan.When i saw +15 & sun for muskoka i knew i would be spending 10 hours on lake Joe today.I was able to explore an overlooked area of the lake today as a few of my favorite spot's were all ripples & duck's.We fished about a 5 acre area in depths from 80-100 feet & i had alot of followers & a few light hit's but hooked zero even after moving from hole to hole ALL day.My friend decided to stay in 1 small area & landed 2 nice fish,1 8lbs & a 5lbs laker.I put in the most effort i have in a long time but the only rewards today were beautiful scenery,fresh air,lake to ourselves,& a real nice sunburn! 2-3" of water on top when we left & all the drains we popped were flowing strong & getting huge & full of oil residue im guessing?I hope they get another short coldsnap before the season closes on the 15th so i can get another crack at em this year. :wall:

gotta love muskoka lakers...i hit 3 last fall drop shotting for smallies..nothing better then hitting a 6lb smallie and a 10pound laker in the same spot a few minutes apart!

Archived