Hamilton Harbour Perch Addiction

CLofchik

jeez, I live less than 5 minutes away from lasalle and never knew they were in yet. I guess I'll have to go down sometime... If you ever see a kid that looks about 17, american eagle hoodie, fishing with a st croix avid and shimano saros, drop by and say hi!

I'm the old, fat, cranky guy telling you to get off my lawn.

EVIL Steve ? Hold that word up to a mirror ....it spells LIVE ! haha . If the perch are feeding mainly on minnows I think they would be ok to have a few meals . I know they eat gobies as they do in Erie & most other areas in Niagara . Bass eat tons of gobies as well . I haven't seen much written about the effects gobies have on the other fish . Those perch look pretty healthy to me . Keep an eye on your hamburg ...... :)

EVIL Steve ? Hold that word up to a mirror ....it spells LIVE ! haha . If the perch are feeding mainly on minnows I think they would be ok to have a few meals . I know they eat gobies as they do in Erie & most other areas in Niagara . Bass eat tons of gobies as well . I haven't seen much written about the effects gobies have on the other fish . Those perch look pretty healthy to me . Keep an eye on your hamburg ...... :)

I was bringing in a gobby style lure (made my storm) once, and a large perch latched on. This was at lasalle probably 2-3 years ago. The place is infested with gobys, which is why I don't really go there any more, and the fact that theres 10,000,000 people always there, but I would think that fish eating gobbys would be bad to eat b/c the gobbys eat zebra musscles, which are filter feeders, so while they 'clean up' the harbor in some ways, they are probably just loaded with toxins. Just my $0.02

Archived