Anyone Having Any Luck Going For Walleye In The Lower Lately?

BrendanMitchell

Use big minnows on a bottom bounce rig last time we tryed we got 7 walleyes 1 musky and 2 bows.When the water gets a little hotter then try harneses or stick baits 45-50 deg is the best water temp for me.States side has way more fish if you can go over and fish that side.We were there in middle of FEB.

wrc

Are you talking Lower Niagara or the Lower Grand? Either way Walleye are closed until the 1st Saturday in May on the Lower Niagara and the 2nd Saturday of May for the lower Grand.

Damn... don't people read the regs anymore? :wall:

Ummm I did.... He was asking if the Walleye are hitting now. "wanted to try to lower for some walleye but i wasnt sure if they were hitting out there yet, do most guys just troll worm harnesses?" Implying he wants to fish for them now. I guess your level of comprehension isn't that great. He also didn't mention if it was the lower Niagara or lower Grand.

ITS ONLY 9 DAYS TILL THAY OPEN BACK UP HE DID NOT SAY ANY THING ABOUT FISHING THERE BEFORE THE SEASON OPENS

Take 2 min to read his post before all you computer comandos start the bull $hit u all start. just my 2 cents

wrc

"Computer commandos" .... ROTFLMFAO good one

I have been reading a lot of the post lately and am very disappointed in the level of ignorance. Its a shame that people are making mistakes but I'm sure at some point in time we have all done something we shouldn't while out fishing.

In case people haven't noticed the more ignorant you get the more topics get locked. Is it really worth it?

This site was intended for learning and having fun meeting other fisherman along the way not bashing each other.

wanted to try to lower for some walleye but i wasnt sure if they were hitting out there yet, do most guys just troll worm harnesses?

he never said anything about when he was goin he just wanted some tips some people have to learn to read and be more respectful not just blow up like that its rude and inconsiderate

I have been reading a lot of the post lately and am very disappointed in the level of ignorance. Its a shame that people are making mistakes but I'm sure at some point in time we have all done something we shouldn't while out fishing.

In case people haven't noticed the more ignorant you get the more topics get locked. Is it really worth it?

This site was intended for learning and having fun meeting other fisherman along the way not bashing each other.

I agree, This is getting stupid... people are here to learn, and share... lets keep it positive... 2 wrongs don't make it right... msg them politely... Kids read these topics..

i was scared this was going to hapen thought it was open on the american side, and yes i was planning on going out for the opener on the canadian side and seeing if people fishing the ameican side were getting some eyes. sorry for the missconception you guys are heros dont forget it!

Dont say anything about season being closed because kids read this? Really? When did everyone become so sensitive.... It def needs to be said on the forum, because obviously there are a lot of anglers ( kids included)that arent responsible enough to check the rules and regulations! Hopefully posting it on the public forum as opposed to private msg will educate other anglers who cant/ wont check the rules for themselves....

Or we are supposed to stand by and watch OUR resources be abused. There have been similar posts recently, so there really is no excuse for not knowing the rules .

You all need to give your head a shake if you think some kid is gonna ruin your precious resources... If you are all so high and mighty why don't ya start boarding the commercial netters like PETA does and leave some young guys trying to learn the sport honestly alone... I have met Brendan twice this last 2 weeks on the lake fishing perch and haven't seen any of you armchair quarterbacks out there, but what do I know maybe your just all studying your handbooks waiting for the next Girl Guide meeting!

You all need to give your head a shake if you think some kid is gonna ruin your precious resources... If you are all so high and mighty why don't ya start boarding the commercial netters like PETA does and leave some young guys trying to learn the sport honestly alone... I have met Brendan twice this last 2 weeks on the lake fishing perch and haven't seen any of you armchair quarterbacks out there, but what do I know maybe your just all studying your handbooks waiting for the next Girl Guide meeting!

Randy

Where is my invite? I need to eat perch too ya know...

Lol neighbors boat at the moment he had room today because his brother cancled last minute. Like I said when I get my boat this summer you are the honorary first guest! I need my own boat kids are startin to get into it now too! Just saving for more then a 12 footer cause I know how these lakes are! Like I told ya today Brendan you don't need to go the the lower, way more Eyes up where we been perch fishing!

Archived