My Latest Creations

rile

Heres a few samples from my latest batch of lures. Have been making musky spinners for a while and just started making wooden baits this year. The glidebaits are made from poplar and weighted to slowly sink. They have a walk the dog type action and ive already had some luck on them. they are 5.5 inches and weigh about 2.5 ounces. The cranks are my first batch and made from pine. They are 4.5 inches, about 1.5 ounces and should dive around 4-5 feet on a cast. Should be a good multi species lure for anything that swims.

The lures are sealed airbrushed then clearcoated with two coats of envirotech epoxy. I use 1 1/2" stainless scew eyes epoxied in place as hook hangers. I know there are some other tackle makers on the forum so feel free to post your creation, id love to see them.

Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

I can't even imagine how great it must feel to catch a fish on a lure that you made yourself.

Thanks,

Cam

Wow , that is real nice work rile ! I have a big rudd that is ready for a paint job .......very bright orange ! I think your air brush would do a good job on it . I should get into using one instead of using the oil paint brushes . BTW rile , where to you buy the epoxy ? It would be great to redo some old lures and spiff up some old rods .

Very nice work! Consider making them thru-wire to increase the quality.

Im making some deep diver with thru wire now, lots of guys use those scew eyes tho with no problems, probably brake a rod before on pulls out

Wow , that is real nice work rile ! I have a big rudd that is ready for a paint job .......very bright orange ! I think your air brush would do a good job on it . I should get into using one instead of using the oil paint brushes . BTW rile , where to you buy the epoxy ? It would be great to redo some old lures and spiff up some old rods .

I get the epoxy at Micheals in St Catherines, it is called envirotech, only thing is youll need to beuild some kind of a lure rotater to it dries even since it takes 24 hours to set up.

Envirotech is runny and needs to be rotated for a solid day really. Devcon epoxy need only be hand rotated for about 10-15 minutes and it won't run. I have a rotisserie motor and a 25ml devcon syringe if you want to try smerchly. Paul.

Envirotech is runny and needs to be rotated for a solid day really. Devcon epoxy need only be hand rotated for about 10-15 minutes and it won't run. I have a rotisserie motor and a 25ml devcon syringe if you want to try smerchly. Paul.

Where did you get the devcon pauly? Ive been looking for it but havent seen it any where locally.

finished this one up the other day, my version of a grandma/jake crankbait, 9" lon made from 3/4" maple with an aluminum lip, just a couple tweaks to the design to get it running the way i want

Picture028.jpg

Archived