Looking For Campsites Known For Fishing

CamG14

Hi,

I am looking to book a few trips this year with the trailer and would like to find some sites that have good shore fishing / or Boat rentals.

Distance is not an issue as we love to travel.

Would appreciate any places you could share.

Thanks,

Cam

If you want good brown and brook trout camps PM me and i"ll hook u up... Streams you can walk .. No boat required..all within 3 hours from Niagara

I would go with Cliffs advice, or farther up north like past sudbury and find a small boat or canoe to bring. Honestly any lake someone suggest is gonna be heavy fished from the Toronto crowd...

6 mile lake provincial park has some great fishing. Going back up there in July. Can't wait!

WOW enough PM'S allready lol over 40 are asking the same question..

Here is a great trout camping spot for you

http://www.saugeenspringspark.com

Lots of nice trout visit the park..

Lots of spring water browns.. I have caught and release some big ones there too ..24" to 28"

A few brookies as well.. some are 16" +

Too funny cplummer!!

Thats what you get for such an inviting post...you may as well yell free crack to all the people sitting in front of Victoria Timmy's with a post like that.

. Last I checked this was a fishing web site where info is shared..if you don't have something decent to say then don't. You go right ahead and line up for the crack I'm not into it....the info I gave is just that. INFO. That system is not hurting and no guarantee you'll catch anything depending on skill level and a lot of walking

Thats what I ment..Sorry it came off wrong.

I ment most of us are fishing addicts looking for some insite.I appreciate anything people have to share and thats what I enjoy about this site.

I've sent Pm's to people with my secret spots and have had others share with me.

can never go wrong in the kawarthas.

probably my second favourite place to fish, next to cplummer's secret spots of course. :rolleyes:

. It' s no secret. If you don't believe me read above. LOL

If you like to travel try biscotasing,you can rent a boat and camp on an island.10 hour drive,the last 2 hours are on a logged in road .Beautiful area. You need a fish finder skill for fishing walleye and survival in the rough but it is a great big postcard

WOW enough PM'S allready lol over 40 are asking the same question..

Here is a great trout camping spot for you

http://www.saugeenspringspark.com

Lots of nice trout visit the park..

Lots of spring water browns.. I have caught and release some big ones there too ..24" to 28"

A few brookies as well.. some are 16" +

This area is fantastic Cliff. I had stayed at Saugeen Cedars nearby and it was also great. I highly reccomend the river tubing experience. Just watch the Snappers!.....lots of em in the area and many are the biggest I've ever seen. Covered in algae they are hard to spot sometimes until you are right on top of em.

This area is fantastic Cliff. I had stayed at Saugeen Cedars nearby and it was also great. I highly reccomend the river tubing experience. Just watch the Snappers!.....lots of em in the area and many are the biggest I've ever seen. Covered in algae they are hard to spot sometimes until you are right on top of em.

The cedars camp is ok but try the one i posted.. Some great runs there and lots of trout IMO much better fishing and the owners there are great... tell them i sent you..if anyone goes..

The cedars camp is ok but try the one i posted.. Some great runs there and lots of trout IMO much better fishing and the owners there are great... tell them i sent you..if anyone goes..

Gonna book for next week. Got some vacay coming and gonna take the fam. You're right. Cedars is "O.K." was never a big fan of the management but camping on the river and the tube ride was always fantastic. Fishing was always a trek.

Check out the saugeen springs link I provided.. Long raft rides AND they follow u so you can leave your car at the destination.. 2-3 hour raft rides too The trout are plentifull there as well. When u book tell them I sent you

Have you picked any spots yet?

Hi,

I am looking to book a few trips this year with the trailer and would like to find some sites that have good shore fishing / or Boat rentals.

Distance is not an issue as we love to travel.

Would appreciate any places you could share.

Thanks,

Cam

cplummer,

I noticed my post about camping in the Adirondacks is gone. Was it the slightly anti-GTA comment or the link to another forum that got it taken down (or something else)? If it was one of those, feel free to edit them out as I thought there might be some good info in there for the board. I didn't think the GTA comments were any worse than what I've seen in other threads. More than anything though, I'd just like to know for next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I been away from the computer for a few days,

I Just wanted to say thanks for all the great recommendations.

Six Mile lake looks like a great one to start with, it's close and we really like Provincial parks.

Also Byng Park and Buckhorn sound great as well, and I have heard so many great things about the Kawarthas.

I googled Adirondacks and think that would make a great family trip as well as a fishing trip.

A trip to Saugeens Springs is definitely in the books for this year...

Biscotasing sounds like heaven; I don't mind the long drive at all. But I am wondering about towing a 3500lb trailer over that dirt road... Although I did tow it across the Renous Highway in New Brunswick last year and parts of that trip were similar to an old dirt logging road.

Thanks again,

I will report back on where we go and how the fishing is.

Cam

Archived