Nfn Does Port Dalhousie

niagarangler89

My friend (fishon!/Jesse) and I were lucky enough to meet up with some fellow members on the West Port Dalhousie pier last Friday night to try our luck at silver bass, sheephead, or whatever else was willing to bite.

After circling the parking lot for close to 10 minutes, we finally found a PULL THROUGH parking spot, and began making our way through the crowd towards the end of the pier.

Upon arriving, we were greeted by Joey (bassmaster12), who was already discussing strategy with Chris (BAITCASTER). In (Madam) was also there, busy rigging his live bait.

After a couple introductions and hand-shakes, we began catching up and...more importantly...fishing!

Jesse was the first to hook into a fish, I believe. He caught a nice OOS smallie (which was immediately released) bottom bouncing a 2" plastic minnow right at the end of the pier. After that, the rock bass bite exploded! All of us were catching rockie after rockie, with a few gobies and OOS smallies thrown into the mix.

We didn't end up hooking into any silvers or drums as we had initially hoped, but the good company more than made up for that!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...NFN truly does have some of the best members out there and it's even easier to attest to that after last Friday night.

Here are a couple shots of the four stooges :)

7ba607dd.jpg

58856aab.jpg

Sounds like a good time, I should have been there but instead i was dragged to watch the guy walk across the falls... to me fishing would have been way more fun!

Sounds like a good time, I should have been there but instead i was dragged to watch the guy walk across the falls... to me fishing would have been way more fun!

I watched both, and I managed to make time for fishing :P

Fishing was all i was thinking about when i was down at the Falls...

It was the original plan but the gf wanted to see the guy walk across the falls...

Pretty sure Joey has a spot there with his name engraved on it. Hopefully I'll be dragging my dad out there for some more bass this summer.

Archived