Had A Big Surprise This Morning On The 12 Mile Creek.

nightendday

And I do mean big!

Did a little morning fishing, walked down the path fishing as I went and stopped at the pond before the train bridge.. Cast in, got a decent cat, about 5 lbs.. Then decided, ah what the heck I'll cast into 12 mile, couldn't hurt. BAM before the corn even hit the bottom the cat was off with it into the current. I had my drag maxed and my arms are sore as heck, but it was WORTH IT.

266178_10150995401988988_245177485_o.jpg

Hey nice one. You were just down from where my son got his. We drive a blue quad. Dont walk so good since i broke my leg last year.

Fought REALLY hard, definitely my hardest fight so far. Took me a good 20 mins to get him to shore! and he still had fight left in him.

NICE cat Mike ! That would be the fish to break in your new rod & reel . The cats are getting bigger every year in the 12 and yes , they just don't give up easily !

I would love to try and fish the 12 mile but I don't know where and what to use there. I've got some nice cats myself this year and would love to get some more. Any help ??

Looking at that big cats head , it is one of the largest I've seen come from the 12 mile . I heard the water level was down because they were searching for a drowning victim . So I decided to go for bass or cats today , but the water level was fully up to the brim , and still muddy . I had some new bait to try with the shrimp today .....small smelly smelts . The 2 bass liked the shrimp best as well as one cat , but I got 2 more cats about 4-5 lbs on the smelt . The largest cat was 6.4 lbs.on my digi scale and she was a strong bottom hugger .....broke off a sinker and frayed about 6' of line on zebra mussles .

another 12 mile cat .....

SAM_1299.JPG

Archived