Follow Up To Predators That Feed On Bass Eggs/nests

fcm420

Thanks to everyone who responded to my previous post regarding what hazards exist for Bass nests / eggs / fry.

I started researching this aspect of it generally after yet again seeing how many people were flipping for OOS bass down at hamilton bayfront...

I knew that it was a problem, and have seen enough videos showing sunfish and perch trying to steel eggs from a nest etc...

There is a perception that " I'm not keeping the fish so it's ok" , and this perception is largely held by uninformed general public weekend fishermen... and of course there are those who know better but just dont care...

So what I've decided to do, in hopes of better informing the public... is create a video game that is all about protecting a bass nest.

I don't want to give away too many details.. or ruin the fun...

But the game will be fast paced, fun and educational with a very positive conservational message.

I hope to release the game on Windows PC ( mouse or touch screen) , iPhone/iPad and Android phones.

As development continues.. and I get a workable demo in place I hope to be able to get the support of various angling groups to lend their names to the game and get some good PR about it.

I have the rough framework coded and graphics are already underway...

If you have any ideas/suggestions I'm all ears! at the end of the day I want to provide a fun game with a good message of conservation and respect for our fisheries.

Here's a quick render of the smallmouth bass "character" you will be able to play as: (it's a little dark, texture is not quite finished)

2HGuI.jpg

Damn very nice! As a hardcore gamer and fisherman I support what you are doing. I have actually tested numerous games before everything from stuff Silicone Knights spewed out. Aswell as friends old school RPGs. So keep me in mind if you need it tested out and de bugged;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll PM you when I am looking for testers...

Happen to have an android phone by chance?

Will likely need to find some testers w/ Android & PC touch screen & PC mouse/keyboard

Here's some updated graphic renders

NKGu6.jpg

PqQMG.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived