Species In The Martindale Pond

YakFisher

Besides massive carp and rock bass, are there any large or small mouth? I threw everything I had at them this morning from dawn to 1 in the afternoon and fished everything from the big water ,deep weed lines, shore, structure, Rocky drops to the skinny water up stream. Had one strike on a frog and that is it...

Things I have caught

Muskie

Pike

Smallies

Largies

Assorted panfish

Perch

Cats

Carp

Sheepies

Heard rumors of trout, salmon, and walleye

The fish can really clam up though

Once but shore spots are relatively shallow.

Why do people like fishing for walleye? They fight like a bulldog for 5 seconds before becoming a wet newspaper.

I have caught jus about everything that swims in there, from bass to panfish, a bow once, lots of carp and sheepies as well, big pike and muskie as well, I can believe there being walleye in there, but if words gets out that they are in numbers which they are not, the rowers won't be to happy

Once but shore spots are relatively shallow.

Why do people like fishing for walleye? They fight like a bulldog for 5 seconds before becoming a wet newspaper.

If you want to put a fish on the table, Walleye are arguably the best eating fish in fresh water. I'm quite partial to perch as well ...

If you want to put a fish on the table, Walleye are arguably the best eating fish in fresh water. I'm quite partial to perch as well ...

So true !!!! I would pick walleye over anything !

Agreed but out of Ontario or Martindale/Gibson?

never caught or seen any walleye out of there, got the chance at any thing but can be real tough fishing epecially mid summer when it gets all algeed up any visibility is a few inches. And i dont think that weed chopper the rowers use helps any

You would be trespassing using the launch ... Last time I was on that side of the island I do not think you can get to the launch with a vehicle unless you go through a gate. Pretty certain they close the main gate in the evening as well.

Archived