New Here

Jason15

I just recently started fishing again I haven't been out in 10 years or so. My son who is 3 said he wanted to go fishing so i decided to get my liscence and start back up. I have mainly been fishing Charles Daley, my first trip out was port maitland i hadn't been there since highschool and probably wont go back the peir seems to be over run. I was told about the site while fishing one day at charles daley where i met smerchly. I'm hoping to pick up as much info as possible. I'm also into cars i'm a mechanic by trade, and i follow football The ticats are my CFL team and the Eagle's in the NFL.

Welcome to the board.. I don't know a whole lot about the Niagara area but I can fill you in re Port Maitland pier.. don't give up on it so easily.. yes it can be over run just like Dalhousie can be at times. Like Dalhouise.. as you know Maitland is a looooooong pier. However I have done quite well there... there are some monster smallies and I've done well with the yellow perch as well.

Additionally my dad and I a few years ago did the evening shift one day and I latched onto a monster sized pike of which I had no hope of landing as neither one of us had a 20 ft pier net. As well I have witnessed some decent pickerel yanked out of there especially when yer not expecting it.

Once school is back in give Maitland another shot :)

I may the first time i went there i was catching sheephead with a tiger striped little cleo the last time all i seemed to get were what looked like silver bass and one small perch it may also be that it's summer and was quite hot out that day so i guess i shouldn't scratch it off my list

Jason, welcome to the board. I too am fairly new here and have gotten a very warm reception. There is alot of information here, and the guys are very helpful. I notice you are located in Beamsville, I am too, maybe you would like to hook up one time for some fishing. I've got a few spots that I like, and I've got some that I want to try. Drop me a line if you want to get out sometime.

Cheers,

Meatface

Welcome to NFN Jason. Looking forward to your posts. Feel free to ask any questions...lots of people here willing to help you out.

Archived