Hott Weather Brookies

joe

Hi guys havent posted in ages .....hope all you misfits are behavin ? lol

Well my lady (sharon) and i got up early figuring we would go do a little perching this morning, but wanted to try something a little different from standing on the wall tossing minnies .....so im thinking hey i know this little spot lots of walking to get back in there threw the high weeds n bugs, but usually worth the effort. Wow im glad we did what an awesome morning, We got to watch a pair of kingfishers hitting the water picking up minnows for a good half hour....beautiful birds So with ultra lights in hand we walk on down stream picking up grass hoppers as we go, lol nothing to put them in so pockets in the shorts now become our bait box HAHA.... Anyhoo down stream we go find this nice spot deep hole but there is now a tree in the middle of the hole hmmmm just makes it more of a challenge i tell sharon (shes looking at me like ive got 3 eyes) I take a hopper throw him out plop on the current wait wait wait Bang down he goes lol small wire hook no weight hopper hooked on threw collar, Sharon has her very first Speckle trout. We hooked and released 13 fish in the few hours we spent actually fishing. To many beautiful things and spots to explore in the area to hold our attention on fishing. We did keep a few smaller fish for the table for meal tonight 4 specs and a lost little bow LOL A friend is going to add a pic for moi thanks buddy

Wow this is the reason I havent posted in so long and doubt if i ever will again ...Thanks yakfisher your email is tipical of a child stamping their feet when they DONT get what they want LOL

see ya folks

WTG Joe !! You know I am envious of your catch ......just can't beat a spekkie dinner ! I like to eat perch , pike & small eyes but specks are the only fish I fry in butter with the skin on , and only gutted with the head removed ......There is zero waste this way as I take the meat from the backbone and enjoy every last "speck" of it . Come on back Joe .....I am always looking for those trout pictures !

Sounds like a great day!were you in Niagara for this adventure?

. This spot is north. We have no bookies like that around here Joe knows some great spots And he is a good friend I hope he emails me soon

Cliff thanks .....your one of a kind brother !!! All i wanted was for "OUR" first post was to be a pleasant experince for Sharon ! nuff said

After a BUNCH of life changing experinces ,,,,im trying to get back in the game, last week was a setback as I had the pleasure of another heart attack LOL and am NOT in the mood for childish CHIT

Cliff you put moi on to many friends,,,,,,,Jeff jack (stickfish) who i wish i knew was still here ? Good friends Good times true friendship ......fishing was a side trip, enjoyable with you guys but at the same time we had a bond, something that went unsaid ......never had to because "WE" treated eachother with respect and trust !

Maybe its OLD age or Moi,s becoming cantankerous ......but MANY of you old timers showed me true Friendship and a Mutual Respect for Life in general !

P.S...... seanook you I have followed on threads very COOL BTW ill be in touch you seem like someone to pass down a few good holes to .....someone that i think would be MY pleasure to fish with

Joe

You old farts give me goosebumps when you talk like this, the friendships you share are far too seldom these days. Very inspiring, and grounding at the same time. Thanks for sharing the post Joe !

You old farts give me goosebumps when you talk like this, the friendships you share are far too seldom these days. Very inspiring, and grounding at the same time. Thanks for sharing the post Joe !

Too right Garr. Some of these older anglers really do open your eyes. I have been shown on more than one occasion their willingness to befriend and share since joining this forum. I have met some really nice folks. A few of them have gone out of their way to invite me along with them.

Good job NFN. This really is a community.

Thank you for the kind words guys. Part of the reason I bought this site was to restore anglers faith in fishing and friends. I have been here from the beginning and I have seen changes good and bad In the 8 months I have owned it I like what I am seeing in its membership and we continue to grow. Thank you members for making this community what it is today its been a lot of work and it's paying off ! Keep it up guys n gals. The staff here rocks too don't they? Keep posting

Yep remember when This Site was created .....a very GOOD "FRIEND" packrat Gord put moi onto this site ! Rick was a pleaure to talk Too !!!! put up with way to much chit but was fair and responceable ! SAY HI sometime ya oled so ans so ...............LOL

Cliff like i said i owe you one but .......He is NOT included in that invite !

Life in its way has shown moi that im not invinceable ......i stopped posting after I had 2 heart attacks ........yes im still smoking but much less im trying but it has a way of kicking moi,s ass !!!

i had another heart attack last week on sharons vacation, Good thang it happened while on the beach "huron" looking at all the Bikinies old mans heart just cant take the toppless beaches LMAO .....

When i can i will email seanook ....soon i hope

Yep remember when This Site was created .....a very GOOD "FRIEND" packrat Gord put moi onto this site ! Rick was a pleaure to talk Too !!!! put up with way to much chit but was fair and responceable ! SAY HI sometime ya oled so ans so ...............LOL

Cliff like i said i owe you one but .......He is NOT included in that invite !

Life in its way has shown moi that im not invinceable ......i stopped posting after I had 2 heart attacks half a lung taken out ........yes im still smoking but much less im trying but it has a way of kicking moi,s ass !!!

i had another heart attack last week on sharons vacation, Good thang it happened while on the beach "huron" looking at all the Bikinies old mans heart just cant take the toppless beaches LMAO .....

When i can i will email seanook ....soon i hope

Joe, you must be one tough s.o.b. If you find the time and you're feeling alright then I definately am looking forward to hearing from you. Sometimes the forums give even us relatively healthy dudes the fits too.

Archived