Did I Get A Steal?

cdnfishguy11

2012-08-06030114.jpg2012-08-06030133.jpg2012-08-06030146.jpg2012-08-06030237.jpg

Found it at Crappy Wheel on Glendale .. only one they had left ! It was on clearance I only paid 10$

the guy there said it had been there for years.... I havent done any research on them

Does anyone know if I got a good deal and itll be useable or did I get a foreign made 10$ POS lol

It's heavy but decent if you are slinging a big 10 or 11wt. On a 9 it would feel like an achor.

Just as a reference my 9-12 reel is 6.5oz

Not exactly a premium brand in the FF world, but if it spins nicely and has a half decent drag, and you have a rod to balance it, sounds like a bargain to me. I've always maintained that the reel is, for the vast majority of flyfishing, nothing more than a line storage device... the average trout angler will seldom see his backing or need a fancy drag system. Sure a $700 Loop is seksy as hell, but outside of salmon, steelhead, or saltwater... paying over a c note for a reel is just silly. Heck, now we're even catching on to going reel-less, with the brilliant Japanese Tenkara style.

Archived