Chest Waders

YakFisher

Free chest waders to anyone that wants them. I was going to put them on kijiji, but figured I would try here first.

Size 11 boot foot, pro line chest waders. There is a leak in the crotch, but if you are willing to patch it, they're all yours.

I bought a sick new pair of stocking foot,breathable waders and some boots at dicks in the galleria today for a good price. What a difference they make, so light, comfortable and dry. Glad I upgraded.

Pm me to pick them up.

Im getting some breathables too...when I do my neoprenes are free too, and no leaks

Guest live2fish85

Breathables are great and all but I really don't see a point in wearing waders in the summer. I wear shorts and some shoes.

I know there are times they come in better then neoprene as it may still be a bit to warm.

My first pair I bought the neoprene chest waders from C.T, Still have them, they're warm in the colder temps (dress appropriately underneath), In warmer temps they do get warm, but I'll just go deeper in the water and cools right off.

Breathables are great and all but I really don't see a point in wearing waders in the summer. I wear shorts and some shoes.

I know there are times they come in better then neoprene as it may still be a bit to warm.

I agree on the Shorts and Shoes in the Summer.

For me that actually extends right into end of October ... LOL (Hey, the water and warm Fall weather)

I guess living out west (Vancouver & Calgary) for 10 years got me used to REAL COLD mountain water.

I get "laughed" at by a lot of guys on the water, but the day I care about what other people think is the day I stop caring about myself!

I find it a hundred times more easier and convenient to NOT WEAR the waders, when not needed.

Come winter, I have a decent pair of Neoprenes.

Anyone looking into NEW WADERS, I would advise to look at the breathables.

The suggestion of "Dick's for about a hundred" sounds fantastic.

Guest live2fish85

I agree on the Shorts and Shoes in the Summer.

For me that actually extends right into end of October ... LOL (Hey, the water and warm Fall weather)

I guess living out west (Vancouver & Calgary) for 10 years got me used to REAL COLD mountain water.

I get "laughed" at by a lot of guys on the water, but the day I care about what other people think is the day I stop caring about myself!

I find it a hundred times more easier and convenient to NOT WEAR the waders, when not needed.

Come winter, I have a decent pair of Neoprenes.

Anyone looking into NEW WADERS, I would advise to look at the breathables.

The suggestion of "Dick's for about a hundred" sounds fantastic.

Yep, it is funmy how you mention being laughed at. Sadly I can bet that for the majority of the time that is the only reason people wear them in the summer to try and show off they have some expensive waders. Like you as soon as it is warm enough that I can't wear my waders it is shoes and shorts until I need my neoprene waders.

I am not in any way saying everyone wearing them are ignorant and showing off but I have noticed a good amount. I personally like getting colded off while fishing summer not making my nuts roast more.

Yep, it is funmy how you mention being laughed at. Sadly I can bet that for the majority of the time that is the only reason people wear them in the summer to try and show off they have some expensive waders. Like you as soon as it is warm enough that I can't wear my waders it is shoes and shorts until I need my neoprene waders.

I am not in any way saying everyone wearing them are ignorant and showing off but I have noticed a good amount. I personally like getting colded off while fishing summer not making my nuts roast more.

I've been in shorts and water shoes all summer, but all sorts of gravel and mud keeps getting into my shoes and between my toes, drives me nuts. I actually go barefoot in the mud a lot. Hopefully I don't step on a turtle and lose a toe. Lol.

Been a shorts and shoes guy a long time. Need the waders for areas that hold a lot of leeches and the odd lamprey. . Also the wifey won't let me bring the old kickers in the house anymore so they either sit in my trunk or on the patio and fill up with earwigs.

You guys can wear your shoes and shorts...lol. Im wearing wading boots and waders. I want some traction in the water for my feet, and running shoes is not going to give you that. and when the temp of the water drops when most of the steelhead fishing is being done, I would love to see you standing there in the water in your shorts..LOL Any other time of the year I really cannot figure why you would need waders?? For me its for steelhead season...which means cold water and cold temps. The advantage with breathables is they are lighter and on those fall days when the sun is beating down after the early morning pasts it gets hot in neoprenes....but never hot enough to stand in the river in your shorts.

Archived