Stuck At Home With Another Broken Rod And An Affliction.

Seanook

So I arrive home on Friday and my Darling Wifey has a look on her face like the cat who ate the canary. I say "what's up"?...."Promise you won't be mad at me" She wimpers. I hate these moments. I either have her right where I want her, which is her feeling guilty enough for me to go fishing guilt free or me promising not to be mad when I really wanna be furious. "I promise" grumbled me.

I come to find out that while she was trying to organize the storage room (a job she has been bugging me to do and I keep saying I will, she reminds me) She snapped my Rod off at the handle. "Gaaaah". I hate promising not to be mad.

This happens to be my only rod in the home as my other has been sent for warranty repair. I was really hoping to go on a salmon scout this moring and again this evening. possibly even head east as Blair was suggesting on one of his recent reports. So I call a local fishin buddy and ask if he's got a spare rod and if he'd like to tag along and he says "No problem". We arrange to meet up this morn and head out.

Well this morn came and so did a nasty crusty eye infection. From the bathroom this morning my Wife hears me bellow "MONIE!" (her nickname) "Which one of those little turds was sitting on my damn

pillow?". "What"? she says. "One of them damn kids has been farting on my damn pillow"!

Not only can I not see out of one eye or go fishing but my favorite rod is broken and I have to listen to my now famous "pillow fart" line be repeated all day to a chorus of laughter and mocking sympathy. Somehow this must be karma. You can't make this S#*t up!

The STYES the EYE!

lol ...

Things will WORK OUT .... problem is - Time now temporarily moves in slow motion.

ps: The Piers and Tribs in Both East and West are SLOW! (Till more rain, big front or winds)

Even with the cold weather this weekend, not exactly on fire.

If you do come up this week - going further up the tribs in the shallows is still okay.

The first run salmon are straggeling a bit.

Lots more BIG ACTION to come .... (your not missing "That much", yet)

It wasn't all bad. Lots of fishing on the tube this morn and Italo was doing a bit on Port D Brownies so I wasn't overly peeved. Gonna have to shoot down to a tackle shop and drop a couple bucks on the credit card to replace that rod. Just hate leaving the house looking all blinky :s

Maybe the rod can be repaired ........In some cases a 6" piece from another broken rod can be epoxied inside and be stronger than the original .......Just wrap some guide line around the break spot after the epoxy glue sets . But , maybe you now have an excuse to buy a nice new rod ........ :santa:

It's a pretty ugly break. You might be right Smerch but I won't be the guy trying to fix it and I kinda have my heart set on a new Rod anyhow. I am going to take advantage of the opportunity to buy a rod at whatever cost and the wifey won't be able to say aything

It's a pretty ugly break. You might be right Smerch but I won't be the guy trying to fix it and I kinda have my heart set on a new Rod anyhow. I am going to take advantage of the opportunity to buy a rod at whatever cost and the wifey won't be able to say aything

Ya right,thats not how it works.lol

:P Looks to me like you need to get "rod" insurance. And poop eye is really nasty I had it cleaning out a septic tank......Lets just say 2 and a half feet of poop and piss is not fun. Hopefully it heals up quickly for ya!

lol. already gone and yeah I have had some serious bad luck with rods lately. Lucky for.me I found and old fenwick cherrywood ultralight at the old mans place. Does Rod insurance actually exist? because in my case it's becoming a necessity

Guest live2fish85

lol. already gone and yeah I have had some serious bad luck with rods lately. Lucky for.me I found and old fenwick cherrywood ultralight at the old mans place. Does Rod insurance actually exist? because in my case it's becoming a necessity

Yea, when you buy a high end rod eith a lifetime warranty lol.

Even that now is changing. G. Loomis has it now where you get one wild card and then the rest if are not broken while fishing and they can tell the difference usually, will not be exchanged.

I would assume that after the wild card most will be denied lol.

Archived