Some Good Advice For Staying Away From Divorce...

meatface

Just a little tip for you all. When your wife says, 'something smells in here'. Check your fishing bag for the shrimp you were using last week. On a totally unrelated note, does anyone know where there's a deal on air freshener?

Hahaha that is hilarious. I once inadvertently left a box of worms in the trunk of my girl-friend's car in the middle of summer.... She couldn't figure out what that smell was for a month ... Ahhh good times ....

That just happened to my dad we went out cattin and brought back shrimp, told him to put in the fridge to re-use, forgot about it and it got stinky lol, rotting worms has got to be the worst stench can't count how many times I've left them in my bag by accident

Ah.....shades of " the grumpy old men" Walter M. would be proud of you ! The smerch is fully acquainted with leaving worms & shrimp in the backpack or fishing bag . I soaked the bag & backpack in the laundry tub in hot water and liquid detergent , scrubbed it with a small brush , rinsed it and hung it outside , upside down to drain . If some odour remains , you can put a cup or two of scented kitty litter inside for a day & it will absorb most of the stink .......Use a vac. to clean the dust from the litter .

All too funny guys and Smerchy far to much work for me....... double black bag the smelly object and hit walmart up for a new back pack LOL. much easier

Ha ha .....that will work too ! If you have a neighbour you don't like , toss the old bag in their car ......... :skunk:B)

.........by "old bag , I don't mean any person you know.....haha............... ;)

20 years ago my wife had complained about a strange smell coming from the basement...I had a 50 gallon aquarium in the same room as well as my fishing tackle, workbench and beer/worm fridge, etc...she, of course blamed, worms and the aquarium....checked fridge...nothing...the aquarium had just been cleaned and 3 filters were fine...it smelled better than som fo our fishing spots...cunfused with the odor getting strongerI was flustered...I made a 180 degree turn and came face into my fishing vest...it almost knocked me over...there was no stain, wet spots or anything to say that rotting meat or whatever was left in the pockets...emptied every pocket and found in one pocket was a ziplock bag with some putrid blackwater goo in it...I turned it upside down to see if there was a leak...NONE...threw it out...I remembered that 2 weeks before I had gone down to the Glen for Lakers and used smelts for bait...the last 2dozen were taken home to be refrozen for a later trip...It was the source...I guess ziplocks are great for not leaking, but the stink could not be stopped...

Also...in the heat of this summer...DO NOT...throw the carcasses of 6 bass into the garbage when you're done filleting them and the garbage pickup isn't for another 6 days...

In the warmer weather the fish guts always go into the freezer ......just need to remember on garbage day . It is strange that bad odours can go through a water proof bag .........

Archived