Razzin The Smallies Today

smerchly

I need to get my tail out of the sack earlier ! I didn't hit the water at the 12 mile until 11 am . I strapped 2 rods to the bike ....my Harley 12 speed , and headed to a reg.spot before the sun got too hot . Doc.told me to stay out of the sun ! I started with the 10' med.action rod , 2500 Sedona reel , 12lb. mono . It was instant catching & releasing for 2 solid hrs.....lots a small bass & a few over 2 lbs .,a small channel cat & a decent drum . I switched rods to try the 9' Blackhawk ultra light , same set up using 6 lb.mono , small hooks , 1/2 oz weight . It's much different fishing light as the weight will roll and the tip of the rod must be held higher . It was fun scrapping with the smaller bass , tried grasshoppers but the current & weeds would pull them off .So I used a small 1/4" piece of shrimp & a small piece of saltie . ....worked great . When I got hooked on the bottom , I broke it off & called it a day .

a few shots........

1 st nice smallie on the heavier gear.....

SAM_1660.JPG

a smaller smallie on the smaller rod

SAM_1658.JPG

and this fellow kept saying ...." Oh NO , Mr.Bill !!!! :o

SAM_1659.JPG

Give me a buzz sometime Larry and we can meet up for a few hours . I can help rig you up with the drop shot method . I like to use longer rods there in most spots that are open enough to cast properly . I have a few spots where a 6-7' rod work fine as well . The smallies are all sizes in there which means they are thriving well . I got one today about 6" long .....almost choked on the shrimp . lol

Archived