Fishing Related ?

smerchly

I need to vent & rage .....got stung twice by yellow jackets this week .....just minding my own business ....one got me in the back of the neck while walking half way out on the Port Dal pier ! My next door neighbour got stung by a hornet today & 2 min. later the guy across the road got stung on the inner arm . He swelled up & went to the clinic . I went to the clinic to see if he needed a ride home or the emerg. just in case he had a bad reaction .They gave him some pills for the swelling & itch & he is back home .

This year is bad for bee stings , they are everywhere ! When fishing , watch your drinks , like pop , fruit juices etc , they will go inside an open can or bottle . They also like shrimp , apples etc.& will land on your hands after handling certain foods & baits . Some people carry pen needle if they are allergic to stings .

When taking kids fishing , beware of the yellow jackets that like to nest in or near the banks of creeks & ponds etc . They can multi-sting and have large nests . It's a dry summer ,so they will be looking for anything to feed on , like my apples that fall ,half eaten by the birds & squirrels .

Archived