What Have You Been Tying?

Dogman

One of my favorite threads on the salt water forum I frequent is the what have you been tying thread. It gives us a chance to share and gain ideas and inspiration from each other. So here goes. Lately I've been experimenting with a lot with foam and terrestrial patterns.

Hawthorne

hawthorne.jpg

Dragonfly

dragonflyz.jpg

Cicada

cicada.jpg

Black fly

blackfly.jpg

Small beetle

beetlesmall.jpg

Big beetle

beetlelarge.jpg

Grasshopper

firetigerhopper.jpg

Guest live2fish85

Nice work on those Dogman.

Here are a few of mine.

My favourite topwater for Erie bass.

2012-09-02102406.jpg

This is the smallest dry fly I have tied yet, on a size 18 hook.

2012-08-21201742.jpg

This is another topwater I use for bass and will be for pike as well. It is also the fly that I hooked into the big brown with last week while fishing for bass. It is called the Morrish Mouse.

2012-06-21232936-1.jpg

And last here are some of my Pike flies.

2012-06-08173842.jpg

I have plenty of wolly buggers and other streamer style and egg sucking leeches plus a whole whack of other dry flies just to many to take pictures of.

Good thread.

I will be starting my fly tying career very soon ....

Ive been fishing with a fly for just over a year now and have enjoyed it like nothing else...

so far on my fly rod, Ive managed:

-smallies & largies

-a few pike

- a couple brookies and browns

and a carp

I keep my rod and vest in my car at all times ... Im interested in getting out with a few of you guys in the near future... pm me where your headed and I may join you :)

Guest live2fish85

I bought a tying kit just to make streamers and that. It came with a bunch of other stuff to so after tying tons of streamers I started tying the flies just for fun. After tying for a few months I decided to start fly fishing. So I have been fly fishing for a few months now. lol.

I have never bought a fly just materials and hooks to make them.

I have caught tons of smallies on the fly at least a 100 and a few 3 pounders, Pike and some panfish while going for bass. All I have targeted is bass and pike so far as well. I am stoked about steelhead. Yhe brown thay I hooked into got me really pumped. 3lbs bass are great as are pike but niether put up near the fight that the 6-7 lbs brown did before he spit the hook.

We will have to get out fly fishing sometime. I haven't been out to much lately as I have been doing more fishing for bass deep on Erie or at Long Point in the reeds and then Lake Ontario. Once I get my custom which will be done in a week or so, I don't think I will put it down for awhile.

what have i been tying? in one word - ginormousmuskyflies.

here's what they look like after tying and a quick check by inpector #7:

12Jan27066.jpg

here's what eat them:

12sept03Musky02.jpg

and here's what they look like after extraction from a musky's throat:

used_Musky_perch_fly.jpg

Archived