Mallard Calls And Cd's

Hey guys, VERY new to waterfowl hunting. Just have a few questions. What is the best value in a duck call? I see CT has a flambeau call for $10, which seems super cheap, but would it be a waste of money? Any other suggestions for a good call under $30?

Also, does anyone know where to buy duck call cd's? For practicing calls?

I would suggest you go on the internet to find tutorials on duck calling. Just a suggestion though, try practicing when you are alone in the house. When I started turkey hunting I was practicing calling in the garage. When my wife looked in the garage to see what that awful sound was, me being the idiot I am, started jumping up and down saying Ït works! It works!" Take it from me, a wife has no sense of humor in a situation like that.

• 5 months later...

eBay is a great place to shop but I find alot of stuff for sale on greatlakeswaterfowler.com cause many of those guys are buying new stuff every yr. But I am not the greatest caller but love diver hunting and mallards come around every once in a while but majority are divers here in the late season and everyone is tooting their mallard calls at the divers. I don't call and kill'em fine. Now inland season for us, I will practice but glad I go with better callers. Plus I get pointers from them till they tell me to knock it off.

Archived