Izumi And Shimano Are No More.

Gerritt

ABU GARCIA® SIGNS IZUMI TO PRO STAFF

Legendary Canadian Angler and Television Host to to Fish Revo Reels

COLUMBIA, S.C. (November 7, 2012) - Abu Garcia® has signed one of the biggest names in Canadian fishing by inking Izumi Outdoors Inc. producer of Bob Izumi’s Real Fishing television show. Izumi Outdoors Inc. joined the Abu Garcia team in a multi-year deal that was signed today. This decision comes in an award-winning year for Abu Garcia.

The company strives for excellence with the release of their third generation of Revo low profile reels. “I am incredibly excited about working with Abu Garcia and am so impressed with just how smooth their reels are,” said Izumi. “The reels are simply great in how they look and function. As a tournament bass angler, the Revo reels have incredibly powerful drags and a full line of matching rods, which are second to none.”

“It’s great to see Bob so enthusiastic about our products. He will be an incredible asset to our Abu Garcia team,” said Chris Hockley, Canadian Marketing Manager for Pure Fishing. “Bob Izumi is Canada's best-known and most sought after contemporary fisherman. He is the country's most successful tournament fisherman, respected author, seminar speaker, conservationist, television personality and radio show host.”

For over 25-years Bob Izumi has shared adventures with anglers across North America and around the world through his television division, magazine department, Real Fishing Radio show and realfishing.com. Bob Izumi's top-rated Real Fishing Show is a unique blend of entertainment and information that brings some of the world's greatest fishing to the small screen, from the high Arctic to South America, in freshwater and salt.

For more information on Izumi Outdoors visit Bob Izumi’s Real Fishing and for additional information on Abu Garcia visit abugarcia.com

Ive been fishing with Bob, and your right Shimano comes out on camera, but he also uses a friggen ton of other gear throughout the day. I had lunch at his place once and asked him If I could see his "toy room" like all his gear, he said maybe some other time :( would have been pretty cool to see which gear is in frequent use and see the unopened stuff that he never uses.

Equipment is important.

KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE is the MOST IMPORTANT.

I'm happy for BOB. He is a TOTAL CLASS ACT in my opinion. I wish him and his family the best in all of his endeavours.

He certainly has informed and entertained me, for many years.

I'd hope too see more NEW FISHERMEN start to be taught / AND LISTEN to:

Techniques, skills, knowledge, conditions vs. all this Incessant Equipment fixation.

Thats what i like most about the Kids... it's not the "Equipment", it's the Experience!

*SMILES*

• 2 weeks later...

So I asked Bob what brand of center pin he would recommend. guess he doesnt use them.

Bob Izumi has sent you a message.

Date: 11/28/2012

Subject: RE: Pro-Staff

Thanks Mick. Not sure about the center pin outfits as I never owned any. Joslyn at Angling Outfitters in Woodstock has a good selection of them. He also has one of the largest personal collections of old ones. His number is 1-519-***-5494. Tell him I sent ya!

Take care....off to Arkansas today to test drive boats!

Also yesterday went to FW to see their reels, the Aventa sucked, they had one sheffield that spun for what seemed like hrs. but it was a combo attached to a 13'4"

sheffield rod that to me felt like it had no balance what so ever, maybe cause there was no line on the reel but still. it was $399.99.

the Raw II was nice, and the islanders were good but the sheffield still won my vote.

So I asked Bob what brand of center pin he would recommend. guess he doesnt use them.

Bob Izumi has sent you a message.

Date: 11/28/2012

Subject: RE: Pro-Staff

Thanks Mick. Not sure about the center pin outfits as I never owned any. Joslyn at Angling Outfitters in Woodstock has a good selection of them. He also has one of the largest personal collections of old ones. His number is 1-519-***-5494. Tell him I sent ya!

Take care....off to Arkansas today to test drive boats!

Also yesterday went to FW to see their reels, the Aventa sucked, they had one sheffield that spun for what seemed like hrs. but it was a combo attached to a 13'4"

sheffield rod that to me felt like it had no balance what so ever, maybe cause there was no line on the reel but still. it was $399.99.

the Raw II was nice, and the islanders were good but the sheffield still won my vote.

The Raw is built on the same platform as the sheffield,

Okuma doesnt own rights to sheffield reel, Sheffield is a company on its own,

The Reel is distributed by Okuma and they handle the warrenties. Same with the rod.

I own both those and find that they balance awesome, ( the sliding rings help alot )

Archived