The Hunt For A 30Lb - Success!

BCLT

Awesome video.....great explanation to carp fishing. Some real brutes...well put together. Thankyou.

Simply Awesome!

The skill and experiece in your quest is evident. The passion is obvious!

Those Carp are beasties.

I have a question: What is the "DART" for? It's right at the beginning of the video. @1.34 You place it down on your rod pack.

ps: Love the 2 quotes you make @5.22 and @8.35

" Lesson learned today is to never be afraid to move from one spot to the next. So you can stay on top of the fish"

" Never be afraid to move, Follow the fish, stay on top of them and you will be rewarded"

Thank you for a fantastic post!

Wow! Amazing AV skills. Love the whole thing. Great determination on landing the 30's. I have caught many 10-15's in the Welland River, but never a 30 #er. very inspiring. A GRIZZLEY ADAMS W/CARP! Thankyou.

Simply Awesome!

The skill and experiece in your quest is evident. The passion is obvious!

Those Carp are beasties.

I have a question: What is the "DART" for? It's right at the beginning of the video. @1.34 You place it down on your rod pack.

ps: Love the 2 quotes you make @5.22 and @8.35

" Lesson learned today is to never be afraid to move from one spot to the next. So you can stay on top of the fish"

" Never be afraid to move, Follow the fish, stay on top of them and you will be rewarded"

Thank you for a fantastic post!

The dart is a marker float........ you run a mainline through a swiveled lead..........that is say 3 ounces or more then attach it to the float. You cast the float and pull the line tight which sinks the float. You then strip line out by the foot to determine how deep the water is..........you then drag the float in say 10 feet and repeat.........using the lead to feel the bottom and the float to gage depth you can vizualize the bottom and its features. To take it one step further you mark it out on paper and connect the depths to make a "topographic" map of sorts so you can really see whats going on.

Im really glad you guys all enjoyed the video! Thank you for the kind words............best wishes to you all through the holiday season

Shawn

Thank you (response & well explained answer) ... and like wise on the Holiday wishes!

* A friend of mine has one of those "Shore Fisherman Depth Finder" gizmos ... lol

Have no idea what they cost or exactly how effective they are. Must be similiar to the Boat ones.

.... Glad too see that there are always "manual" methods of use. Simple, yet effective.

Too each their own.

ps: Cant wait until your "Next Video" comes out.

The one posted here, was extremely well done!

Nice work on the video , it must take a lot of time to create videos like that . All I can do with my vids using Picasa is shorten them. lol . Now , after seeing all those fat carp , I got the bug to try for late season carp tomorrow ......Since my rig is ready to go , I'll steal some bread , grab some puffed corn & head to the 12 Mile tomorrow .

Archived