The Folks, Spots And Techniques The Forum Out Us On To!

Seanook

Hi All,

Just wanted to show my appreciation for some of the things this site has given me since joining a few years back.

I have met so many people and been shown many things I otherwise would not have had access to if I hadn't joined the forum.

Since becoming a member, I have been invited out on trips, shore and boat by relative strangers. Some of whom have become good friends.

I have had some folks put me onto their honey holes with even a little tackle and technique tips.

I've been told off numerous times both politely and not so much. Some of it was deserving I suppose but nonetheless entertaining and educational.

I have been able to buy gear that before having access to this site my only forms of reference were salesman, online consumer guides and magazine adds.

We've been able to participate in community projects like Garbage derby's which really did bring me alot of joy, satisfaction, a couple giggles, a new set of wrenches and a pair of shoes that still have burr barbs in em'.

Some of the tools on this site are now invaluable to me as an angler and conservationist.

Great site. Good folks (most of you anyways) and good times.

Thanks N.F.F.

Sean.

Seanook, its great to have members like yourself here to compliment NFN. We have a good bunch of people here, unlike some other sites. The members here actually contribute to making this a great resource for us all. Cliff wants this site to be that way....friendly and informative for ALL members. Thanks for your compliments....its much appreciated.

Balance is the key.

This site has a great balance of contributors.

• Different species
  • Different Set ups
  • Different techniques
  • Young and Old
  • Rich & Poor

Opinions are well received.

Many sites unfortunately become little groups - "Cliques".

New people critiqued, thinking becomes biased .... "our way or the highway"

I have always loved the fact that this site seems to embrace all!

It has a lot of PMA (positive mental attitude)

I hope it stays that way!

The pleasure is all ours.

Kudo's to:

Cliff, the admins, the moderators, the sponsers, the members .... and the "Lurkers"

*Why not join in on the fun?

lol

Yup. I owe a lot to this site. Too many folks to name. Every time I ask a question, dumb, ignorant or just misinformed, I may get the odd snarky comment but for the most part I get responses and p.m.'s from the generally helpfull folks who know that forums were meant for education and information and are willing to share what they know.

Cliff and his Admins have been awsome, that really almost goes without saying. I am generally just in awe of the people who go out of their way to help out. Not only that but also the folks who put a lot of time and pride into their posts. It's not all just "look at my fish....blah blah blah blah". It's usually informative and honest. Sometimes a bit of a tease but that's o.k. too.

I still get skunked probably more than I like to admit but the info and the planning of the pursuit is a much fuller experience when you know you are on the right track.

cant agree more with the guys above, untill this forum i was only a bass fisherman and figured 1 rod was good for anything. this board has been nothing but a information highway. it has gotten me into fishing carp,pike,muskie,catfish,trout,salmon,perch,steelhead and others. it has taught me the regulations that i wass otherwise oblivious too. it has taught me about spots that i didnt even know held fish. and one of my favourites, it has taught me different techniques for fishing, i love it, and im constantly learning new tihngs. i appreciate cliffs keeping trolls to a minimum and keeping this to be a open environment, every one embraces new members and makes them feel right at home. i really do appreciate the people of this forum :)

Archived