Bead Fishing

GREYHAWK

Pick up some of these at the dollar store....work fantastic for bead pegging and give to blood dot effect as well. They have the perfect taper, feed it in pull though and trim of the excess

pastrybrush.jpg

One from today, on the bead. I don't bother pegging the bead, I just tie it on.

DSCN8723.JPG

A simple bead not is easy, but a pegging system is way easier for adjusting bead height on the go. With the knot, if you snap a hook, you're re-tying two knots.

you know what guys, there are bead stores around apparently it's a craft thingy hahaha.....but check them out they have some glass aswell as plastic beads that will blow your mind, I have a bunch that imitate brown , steelhead and salmon roe, unfrotunatly my go to bead store has gone, perhaps the bead market isn't that profitable. There may be bead stores in your area , check out the yellow pages, also dollar stores, hobbie shops, I mean you don't have to look at tackle shops to provide beads and if you do trust me the price is 50-100% higher.

I've been wondering.. When pegging a bead, do you run the line through the bead just once, i.e. straight through? Or do you put it through once, then loop it around and through again, and then peg it? Seems like the latter method would make it stay in place more securely but not weaken the leader like a knot would..

Also - found one of those grill brushes at the dollar store today.. has 85 pegs on it and cost $0.99.

I just run it through the onece. Peg it in place snd it stays there fine plus allows you to slide it up or down. Good point on the glass beads....seen them at michaels craft store....and almost got some.That confirms my thought about a better bottom bounce then plastic....think i will get some and ttry them out.

Bought a "Grill Brush" (red) yesterday! seems to do the trick very well. Cant wait to try it out on the tribs (...in the day!)

As for GLASS BEADS: the best spot to get them is at the DOLLAR STORE as well. Either in the Craft section (sold as glass beads - lol) or on their COSTUME JEWLERY.

I have ALWAYS used the GLASS BEADS. Find they are far superior in holding the bottom. They also make for "less" shot or weight being used. I have to admit, never even bothered looking for them in the Fishing Stores. The ones I have found and use from the Dollar Store, work extremely well!

I stick to ones in the: 8mm-12mm sizes. Some packages will show the size, ones on the costume jewlery do not. You can go by "Eye" or bring some confirmed bead sizes with you, and use to compare.

The light "Salmon" colour, Pink(s) ... and Red have all worked for me.

Hey chrome heads. :) Here's an idea. Why not use a hair rig for your bead fishing. Here is how to tie one. http://www.carpkrazy.com/carp-rigs.html . Instead of the loop at the end simply tie a bead on the hair. It should work for the same reason it works for carp. ;)

Hey chrome heads. :) Here's an idea. Why not use a hair rig for your bead fishing. Here is how to tie one. http://www.carpkrazy.com/carp-rigs.html . Instead of the loop at the end simply tie a bead on the hair. It should work for the same reason it works for carp. ;)

Yes it would certainly work....but you will injure alot of fish. The idea of pegging the bead 2-3 inch above the hook is the fish inhales the bead and the hook gets him right in the corner of the mouth. If not the otherwise the hook will be deep in the stomach causing .ortality to the fish.

Yes it would certainly work....but you will injure alot of fish. The idea of pegging the bead 2-3 inch above the hook is the fish inhales the bead and the hook gets him right in the corner of the mouth. If not the otherwise the hook will be deep in the stomach causing .ortality to the fish.

I see your point. Thanks.

Archived