2013 (Mnr) Ontario Fishing Regulations

blairwelsh

2013 Ontario Recreational Fishing Regulations Summary

http://www.mnr.gov.o...L02_163615.html

198213.jpg

View a larger version of this map

View the Legal Boundary Maps for Ontario's Fisheries Management Zones

OR, download all sections listed above as one file (PDF, 25.8 mb)

Related Links

You're right Smerchly, Nippissing fishery is in a sad state right now. I have personally seen a sharp decline in walleye over the last 6-7 years. I know this isn't a form to get into all the politics of it all, but I don't think the MNR's answer of cutting a single anglers catch to 1 or 2 fish will be it. I don't think many people will make the trip there to bring home 1 fish. I feel for the hut operators up there, to see their business go under like they may. Sad.

Hi Blair,

I also noticed they cut the Walleye limit to 2 on Nippissing. I also agree, this isn't the answer.

I used to go there every year, but I also noticed the catch steadily dropped (just like you did)

and I stopped going.

I don't know if they are still stocking Nippissing with walleye.

But, it looks like the stocking program (if still running) is not keeping up with the fish caught.

However, the situation up there is serious.

I don't know much about the other fish in Nippissing but you may do well catching perch , whitefish, pike & ling which are all good eating fish and fun to catch . A walleye or two would be a bonus ! Check out what the operators have to offer .

Archived