Trojan Horse

Frank81

Hey Guys, Every time I tried accessing niagarafishing.net at work today it kept throwing popups on the screen and wouldn't allow me to access the website, so I thought the computer at work was just acting funny, now that I am at home I tried accessing nfn, and my antivirus popped up saying they have detected a threat, a trojan horse virus.

Just thought I'd give you a heads up, my antivirus caught it but the ones at my work didn't so now I have to be sure to check out my computer at work on Monday morning to be sure there is not viruses on it.

FYI, I don 't keep bookmarks on my computers, so I always use google.ca and type niagara fishing.net in the search and click the nfn link via google.

Have a Merry Christmas Evereyone, Tight Lines!

-Frank

Oh sorry also on a side note if you are accessing it though google, google itself is able to send information of numerous things. Be it a virus or phishing etc. This can be a hiccup just with google. But I am running nod32 anti virus one of the best. In my opinion and there is nothing wrong have tried from google as well as a bookmark even searched specific topics.

We are safe and secure here. The server we have is very good and they stop everything regarding viruses Get checked Frank. The server said you picked up a virus from a insecure site not NFN

Your browser maybe hijacked? Try downloading firefox if your using internet explorer and if I were you I would run some free scans like trend micro or avg if that doesnt find anything it might be time for a format and clean install.... You gotta be careful too if ya don't have a legit windows alot of them on the net come loaded with malware and crap.

I have been very sick but got a call on this. I be back soon as I can

There's a lot of people with colds & the flu, and being out there amongst the crowds while shopping is a good way to get infected . Be careful , and I hope you get well quickly Cliff .

I've had that problem on another forum. I let the admin and mods know ASAP, they had to shut down the site for almost a week to fix it. Better safe then sorry. When the admin emailed me but I could not reply, the admin's email was on the forum, the same site he shut down..........lol.. I still can't get back onto that forum, but it could be my IE8 (sucks). Update and scan as often as possible.

Yeah that's weird, if do a google search for niagarafishing.net and click the nfn.net link, a trojan virus pops up, if I just manually type in http://www.niagarafishing.net on the browser then it doesn't happen. Same deal with Internet Explorer and it happens on any computer I use.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I am hoping for a freezing New Year so I can get some ice fishing in.

Thanks Frank.....Cliff is looking into any possibilites. We think its the link within google....not NFN. ran a scan here and it checks ok fine. Cliff will get the IT guy to look into it though anyway.

Yeah that's weird, if do a google search for niagarafishing.net and click the nfn.net link, a trojan virus pops up, if I just manually type in http://www.niagarafishing.net on the browser then it doesn't happen. Same deal with Internet Explorer and it happens on any computer I use.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I am hoping for a freezing New Year so I can get some ice fishing in.

I never trust a remote link from a search engine of any sort to access a site. Google is OK for images, but its best to copy/paste the address into your address bar, or type it in directly.

Archived