Nils Hand Auger

nwillz

Just got back from Costco in Ajax. They have 6" Nils Hand Auger, it can also be attached to a cordless drill. It is on clearance for $49.97. Not a bad price at all for one of the best hand augers ever made. I know this size isn't ideal for walleye, but for the panfish fisherman looking for a great deal, check your local Costco.

Sockeye

Just noticed that was my first post. Hello everyone. I grew up in welland, but moved away for work purposes. Still visit family down that way and fish every chance I can get when I am down there.

Just want to say hello and wish you all a happy and safe new year

Welcome to NFN. Hope you enjoy your stay here....and feel free to add your contributions.

Hello nwillz .......I hope you get lots of use from your new auger .......mine is growing moss ! I checked out the Nils on YouTube & I see it's made in Sweden & is basically the same idea as my Finbore III . You got a deal at $50 , less than half the listed prices I saw on the net. I didn't see any info on blade replacement & price of new blades .

This is what my first ice auger looked like . It cut a hole very quickly as long as the blades were sharp .......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyqyuCtY4A

Nwillz,

a 6" is fine for the panfish and even for walleye just drill 3 holes in a triangle might need a little chipping but valla walleye fishing hole,

Other part is the 6" and 4" goes threw deep ice faster than the bigger hand augers, I like my 8" but doesn't take me long to drill threw 26" of ice and I enjoy the exercise along with being a sucker for punishment and yes sharp blades are the only way to go (change mine every season) and never lend it to a friend without first giving instruction on how to use it (learned that the hard way).

Archived