Rec Canal

faucherj

i checked the ice in dain city on thursday afternoon(the windy day) and it was all broke up with open water. im talking about the area closest to port colborne. the water was very dirty from the runoff also. when it does freeze over it will take a long time to clear up. ive found in the past when it is dirty the perch go somewhere else or are very light on the bite. methinks i will try the area north of the main street bridge in welland when and if the ice is good again. all this snow will definitely slow down the freezing process and it is supposed to warm up again next weekend. %#@&%. my plant closes and i have all the time in the world to fish and no ice to do it on

Fished just downstream of the mouth this morning for a few hours (caught a few dinks). 10 or so guys out this morning, seemed the same for everyone (pretty slow) and I only seen 1 or 2 decent ones caught. Pretty good ice (4+ inches), marked tonnes of smelt.

I fished around ES Fox with the same luck 3 hrs no fish did find 4" to fish on but there is LOTS OF ICE THAT IS UNSAFE around there 1-2" of ice.We did not venture out to where we fish pike and perch.

wrc

Really? I never thought of ice fishing there. Were you near the train bridge or the other side of the Montrose bridge?

Please PM me.

Archived