Line For Float Rod?

Jason15

I have been using braid for my float rod which worked fine in the warmer weather but now that it is cold I get constant freezing. Is there a line I can spool that will work in all conditions on a spinning reel or am I stuck with braid for now?

Drop the braid for the winter....sucks up water. I use suffix pro mix...on someones advice so far im happy.

Yeh its kind of hard to find...bought mine at crappy tire. But yeh i heard it is hard to come buy.

Suffix seige is best for me. Floats high on the water, very castable and strong. Personally like it better than promix after using both both most people seem to prefer the promix but I found it twists too easy. Seige is also still very readily available

i heard guys complaining about the seige bedding...did you have this experience as well?

Ya thats the big compaint but I run 12main which is probably heavier than most people and have never once seen a bedding issue.

My experience is that Seige beds. ProMix does not.

Found the opposite...Promix seems to bed much more than Seige.

Promix is limper than Seige though.

All lines will ice up when the temperature falls below 0 degrees...try using Stanley Ice Paste...it will hold off the ice for a few hours.

Thanks for the suggestions! I picked up a pin today so won't be having that problem as often any more! So now the question is should I use mono or floro on the pin?

Yeh its kind of hard to find...bought mine at crappy tire. But yeh i heard it is hard to come buy.

Dave, indeed...they have a load at CT @ centerpoint mall...I'm using Seagaur Senshi (like it)...

Thought I was going to see you at the show...

x2

Soon bro...come the rain...we'll be doin Junkanoo LOL

Line choice is always tough. Everyone has thier own opinions....nothing wrong with Raven for your main line. Lots of options out there just have to find what you like. I would also backfill your reel with dacron backing. Loading the entire reel with mainline is what i have been told hard on the reel. 150 yds of mainline is plenty..use backing for the rest.

Archived