Old Thorold Stone Road Honey Hole.

pike007

I havnot fished it in awhile but does anyone fish that spot at the end of Old Thorold stone road i believe you go around the bend to hoover street. Its a good size link off the welland canal. I remember catching some huge smallies. Day dreaming of the summer days!!!

Ic, Not sure if hunting is permitted in that area, and I believe thats seaway property...but i could imagine alot of coyotes for sure. All the seaway land in Niagara is infested with coyotes

The property back there as a whole is seaway. That's where the old and now closed gate 12 spot fed from.

There is some private land and I think a cemetery or two and the thorold conservation club

If they exist in lake Erie they exist in the canal and canal off shoots just sometimes canal offshoots are drained with the canal resulting in a reduction in fish and it takes some time for the fish to get back in. If it wasn't drained ... Even better come spring time

I belong to the Thorold Legion Conservation Club. We have a Kid's Fishing Party every year and members fish there quite often. Everything you can catch in the canal can be caught there at it feed the canal locks. Best fished in a canoe or kayak due to shoreline weed growth in the summer months. Yes there is a lot of critters back there but it is a no gun discharge area for hunting purposes.

caught a bow in there through the ice a few years ago....let me tell you, that was a shocker!

icebow_zpsa5282cdb.jpg

My belief is any species of fish that can be caught in lake Ontario can be caught in that spot or any spot along the welland canal. The chances of certain species are greater then other obv , but hey anything can happen.

Archived