Lake Niapenco

honeyv

I've heard the stories about how good this lake is in Binbrook is for Crappie... After having never been there before I decided to check it out, went out for about 3 hours and I got 8 Crappie, all small but fun as hell. Missed a really good sized one at the hole But I'm not going to let myself get "crappy" about it :roflblack: because it was still a great day on the ice.

The only thing that sucked was that my hut was missing a post.. I probably lost it on my last outing to Martindale.

I can't help but wonder that the bite must be better at night there... I bet that's when the big boys come out to play. Next time I'll be going for around 4pm and staying until closing I think it's around 8?

Binbrook is good I find it is good to find the deep holes, last time I went I caught my limit then some, I would really love to go again sometime.

chasin musky and I went out last sunday because he heard from a friend that lives by the lake the water cleared up a bit....it was a tough bite....lots of marks on the vex but it was tough coxing them to take the minnows.

When did you go there? I was there Tue last week and there was about 3" of slush on top of the ice and water was very murky.

btw they close at 8 in the summer for ice fishing it's 6pm.

Went out yesterday morning... There was 8 inches and everything is frozen over barely any snow. It was really slick. Water was still murky.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure how recent temperature effected effect the ice. What kind of visibilty would you say there was? When I was there I couldn't see my lure/bait past one foot if that even. Did you stay in the part with in the tree divider and how far did you get from shore?

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure how recent temperature effected effect the ice. What kind of visibilty would you say there was? When I was there I couldn't see my lure/bait past one foot if that even. Did you stay in the part with in the tree divider and how far did you get from shore?

Vis was crap! I'd say about a foot and you lose your jig for sure... I stayed in the part divided off with trees in the middle. right out in front of the boat ramp. I walked straight out the middle..a little further than half way. I was in 22 fow

When I went there I was in one of the bays where I often fished in the summer past the divider a bit, like I said there was a lot of slush so i didn't go far maybe 25 meters from shore it was 8-9 fow there, was kinda surprised.

Archived