Top Water Bass - Lets See Em!

cdnfishguy11

Soo for the past 3 weeks or so Ive been tying flies for the warm water... not that Ive written off Steelhead season but the days are getting longer and I cant wait for bass season...
These are kinda froggy looking and kinda mouse looking with a mix of colours, not sure what the fish are gonna think but there fun to tie and I think they`ll be hot...
The gurgler style head should bring it off the surface and a good 1-2" into the water creating a nice disturbance on the surface

IMG_0164_zps73b0ba56.jpg

IMG_0154_zps6ebcfc41.jpg

Shifting from naturals to a foam head these are more of baitfish immitation but with frog style legs again...

something about the way the saddle hackle sits, I really love it ... hopefully they do too...

IMG_0163_zps728591ac.jpg

IMG_0160_zps8769b533.jpg
IMG_0159_zps125eb2cd.jpg

and of course the old classics for the smaller bass in the local rivers

IMG_0165_zpsbe1b60d8.jpg
Now lets see some of your old favourites or new ones youve been working on over the winter!

also thanks again to Cornelius for the box... its nice and big for the large flies!

Love them! I find that the Dahlburgh Diver and the Bomber also make great top-water bass flies. I don't have any tied at the moment, but here are some Google images. The bomber is a fly meant for Atlantic Salmon, but you can provoke very nice top-water strikes from bass, trout and even pike with it. You can tie it with a strip of foam wrapped around the shank rather than deer hair too!

dahlberg-diver.jpg

bomber.jpg

Egads, those stacked and clipped deer hair jobbies are way too much work. Hate 'em! I quit flaring deer hair years ago, when I found myself buying two grand worth of scuba gear to get one back from a snag. Any bass bug that takes longer than ten minutes to tie will eventually bring a tear to your eye when it goes bye-bye. Styro pre-cut heads FTW!

Egads, those stacked and clipped deer hair jobbies are way too much work. Hate 'em! I quit flaring deer hair years ago, when I found myself buying two grand worth of scuba gear to get one back from a snag. Any bass bug that takes longer than ten minutes to tie will eventually bring a tear to your eye when it goes bye-bye. Styro pre-cut heads FTW!

while its faster to tie the foam heads theres something about the deer hair I love, the surface disturbance is 2nd to none in my opinion...

but if I were tying flies just to catch fish I wouldnt care enough to do it, but the bottom line is I enjoy tying more complicated flies,

these ones are fun to tie and dont take a huge amount of time!

Also the op was updated.... thinking somebuddy hacked my photobucket.... all my luinks appear broken !

Archived