Waiverly Beach Pier?

ChefMick

Has anyone fished this area, one of my line cooks said he's been there during the carp spawn and literally could run across their backs (obviously he did not). this is just word of mouth but he is saying the big ones are well over 40lbs.

I would love to give this spot a try if anyone is interested or has info.

Thanks

Mick.

I dont know of the spot But I am definately interested If youd like to give it a shot I would be happy to accompany you.. as well this is a little off topic but I was digging through some of my grandfathers old fishing stuff and came a cross a couple of books I have put aside for you. One is a thick recipe book for different fish dishes and meals that can be mad from all of the different species of sport fish in our waters . The book is about 30 years old but looked very usefull.

Im not trying to start a fight or anything but in the summer last year my freinds went there and then they went back the following week and the game wardens were down there trying to catch peolpe and then they had their giant 60 foot boat out there looking onto shore.. so i dont know really.

HEH! I didnt mean what I said, I mean not exactly...I thought one of the posters meant it was a sanctuary dedicated for carp spawning, like certain parts of tribs are dedicated for trout, during spring.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not much of a carp fisher but I have a friend that is really big into it. Afew times I went with him to Rice lake, wow they were monsters. We were there just after the ice melted. It took everything I had just to try and turn these fish. We were fishing from shore at bewdley. Good luck.

Archived