National Geographic Pic

snakeman4

Looking at the size of the scales and the one fish smiling for the camera in the bottom left corner I would say some kind of carp

Carp or Koi for sure. Fins and scales give them away. Pretty damn cool anyhow.

Koi and Carp are the same fish, Koi is just the name given to carp used for ornamental purposes, but I agree it looks like some kind of carp

Koi and Carp are the same fish, Koi is just the name given to carp used for ornamental purposes, but I agree it looks like some kind of carp

I am aware of the relation between the two/same.

Good point. Although I still relate to them with different names for the domesticated/ornamental species or our common lake or river ones.

My In-Laws have a very large pond full of them and I have been subjected to many hours of Koi history lessons. Although if we really want to split hairs we can start on the Goldfish/carp comparison too......Same species in many regards.

I am aware of the relation between the two/same.

Good point. Although I still relate to them with different names for the domesticated/ornamental species or our common lake or river ones.

My In-Laws have a very large pond full of them and I have been subjected to many hours of Koi history lessons. Although if we really want to split hairs we can start on the Goldfish/carp comparison too......Same species in many regards.

Yes Carp and Goldfish are very similar we could spend hours on this, but we don't wanna hijack the thread more then we have already lol

Archived