Lets Help Eachother, Not Be Uptight Children.

Centre_Pin_Assasin

If someone asks if a fishery is producing and you fished it and know about it, dont tell him or her to go fish it forthemselves and find out. This site is to help eachother and if a bit of info could save someone a tank of gas then it helps. Stop being so competitive over fishing holes and spots, and stingy with info on those spots especially if they arebwell known fishing holes. Time to start acting like adults. Im not saying give away your honey hole im saying if someone needs info just help them. Simple. And if you dont know the info just dont post. Simple. now fish on felas and lets make this new season a safe, happy, and fish filled season ever. Keep your rods bent, cups full, and smiles on.. ....... ...... ......

You are so correct buddy! Couldn't have said it better myself , two of my friends in a year have become some of most successful anglers since I've taught them all I know ! Thought that's what fishing was about teaching and sharing , once again not saying give away your honey hole , but tips and pointers or just a little bit of advice goes all long way for an angler, tight lines and fish on

Its nice to get some help but you learn more by trial and error. If someone tells you what to use you don't know what else works. You mighrt find something that works better.

So true captnn! You have to try new things and experience new types of fishing, there's even days on te river where I've fished all day with a 6 ft lead from my float then I make it longer or shorter and just bang em off , so very true captnn all about the old trial and error ! Tight lines and fish on

Its nice to get some help but you learn more by trial and error. If someone tells you what to use you don't know what else works. You mighrt find something that works better.

I agree what im talking about more is if a spot is producing

Totally agree.

There has been far too much snarling at fellow posters for either asking or telling about spots that are pretty well known already. I just picked up the Pin this year and without the help of numerous folks on this forum and in person I may never have had the success that I did.

I still get out my maps, GPS, regs and hit the road without much info but while stopping along the way I always ask other anglers I meet for tibits and info. Sometimes you get a vague response about a spot (out come the gadgets, maps and regs) but most of the time people will be kind enough to give some pretty exact helpfull info.

I have even been directed to a few spots that were right under my nose, moments from my front door.

This info has been invaluable and I thank you all.

Good post C.P.A.

I agree what im talking about more is if a spot is producing

If I'm getting perch or walleye on the lake If you want to know just ask. I'll tell you where and what I'm using. Perch shouldn't be a problem just head out to the pack.

There is no reason to be a jerk....but what happened to fishing for your own success. Its easy for someone to sit back on the computer chair and ask the question...are the steelhead running yet? What spot are you in where is that location? The people who put their work in do notwant to share so easily because tthey do....and the next day he has thirty people fishing the same hole.....pathetic really that someone can't put in a little footwork and figure it out themselves. I'm old school...get off your butts and figure it out, like I had to when there weren't computers! I will share information on baits and tactics but to be spoon fed everything is where I draw the line.

RB

There is no reason to be a jerk....but what happened to fishing for your own success. Its easy for someone to sit back on the computer chair and ask the question...are the steelhead running yet? What spot are you in where is that location? The people who put their work in do notwant to share so easily because tthey do....and the next day he has thirty people fishing the same hole.....pathetic really that someone can't put in a little footwork and figure it out themselves. I'm old school...get off your butts and figure it out, like I had to when there weren't computers! I will share information on baits and tactics but to be spoon fed everything is where I draw the line.

RB

I understand what your saying, this site is set up for helping people learn new areas and get tips and tricks. Thats all im saying, so just for instance if i put up right now im crushing steelies in so and so spot your telling me your not going to go there. Of course you are. But your not willing to help others then thats selfish and you dont beling on the site. Now im not attacking you im just saying in general anyone who does this does not need this site for help and should move on

Thats the problem....selling out the spot to whoever can log in. I have my own spots thanks and I certainly dont post when and where I was crushhing steelhead. Share to a certain point. Post your fishing success but alter the background so others don't notice and tell all their BFF's on Facebook where it is. Sometimes ignorance is BLISS!

RB

P.S. You will get info from me about many things....but spots and hot times to fish arent one of them.

Centerpin assasin.....been a member here for a long time and have given good advise on many occasions....check my post history if you are so inclined. Unfortunately you don't get to say if I belong on this site or not....because you don't agree with my ethics. You have a lot to learn!

RB

I have a spot nearby that is really really good for multi species fishing. I had even caught my biggest pickerel there last year (on the fly). I have never mentioned to anyone on this site where that is and never will (no offence). That is my choice. However, I do not think it is necessary to be rude to someone looking for a little extra help.

Not one to send messages to people I do not know very often. However, I can't hold back on this topic anymore.

The fact of the matter is..who gives a crap. Some people enjoy the give all tell all approach and others enjoy the small secrets they worked hard to figure out. Not one person is better or lesser than the other. I have not been on the site long but I love the info and I love getting out fishing. If posters keep their secrets but post their success', it motivates me to get out more and find my own but I will not think of bashing anyone for their ways. This subject will never get resolved because believe it or not everyone has their own opinions and beliefs!

I understand what your saying, this site is set up for helping people learn new areas and get tips and tricks. Thats all im saying, so just for instance if i put up right now im crushing steelies in so and so spot your telling me your not going to go there. Of course you are. But your not willing to help others then thats selfish and you dont beling on the site. Now im not attacking you im just saying in general anyone who does this does not need this site for help and should move on

It is up to the individual if he wants to help someone. Before you ask for help you should be willing to help yourself. I did quite well before this site was up and still do. I do not need help from this site to find fish or spots, but I find it interesting to see whats goin on.

You will get info from me about many things....but spots and hot times to fish arent one of them.

x2

I understand that intentions are good, but when you share your hot spot on a public forum, you're helping more than just the person you intend...you're giving any yahoo with a computer and access to the internet your hot spot as well. This is exactly why pictures with obvious backgrounds are suppose to be blurred.

Please keep hot spots and times to PMs. Feel free to share whatever else you'd like openly (after all, that's why were all here)!

Archived