Jordan Harbour Garbage Derby 2013?

meatface

We heard back confirmation today and Rona in Grimsby is pledging support for the derby with prizes. Many thanks to larry b for his effort with this :D

Also I ran a 50/50 draw at work this week and the guys at the 'St.Josephs Mental Health Hospital Construction Site' helped to raise $260 toward the Derby. It's early but it looks like this year may be better then last :)

Meatface

We heard back confirmation today and Rona in Grimsby is pledging support for the derby with prizes. Many thanks to larry b for his effort with this :D

Also I ran a 50/50 draw at work this week and the guys at the 'St.Josephs Mental Health Hospital Construction Site' helped to raise $260 toward the Derby. It's early but it looks like this year may be better then last :)

Meatface

Good job man....your committment to a good cause goes beyond words.

Members that own businesses please help make this derby a success by helping with prizes or money. Contact Jon ( meat face) and make his efforts and our shore lines a great thing Members can donate as well. Talk to your boss and make this derby another success

Okay folks, I have taken an extra step this year. I have purchased a domain and some webspace for the derby. It can be found at www.thegarbagederby.com I will still be posting here and updating as things happen. I just wanted a place for everyone to go as this derby includes people not part of this community. It also gives potential sponsors a good idea of what we are up to. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules here.

Meatface

I'm still working hard on getting sponsorship for the Garbage Derby. So far things are going pretty well, but I don't want to take my 'foot off the gas' just yet. Last year went very well and I'm hoping that we do a better job this year with sights set on taking out even more trash. Either way on the sponsorship side if anyone has any 'leads' could you please let me know. PM me if you like. I have a letter that was reviewed by the Conservation Authority that is our 'official' sponsorship letter that I could give to anyone that would like to try and gain a sponsor. There have been some members here that have given me some great leads and some that have secured sponsorship which is very helpful and I can't thank them enough. So far our list of sponsors are:

NFN & Saugeen Custom Rods - Cliff

Rona (Grimsby) - Larryb

Lucky Strike

Niagara Rowing School and Paddlesports Center

Lifetime Financial Planning Group - Dr.Feelgood

Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority

Niagara Bassmasters

Mick and Angelo's - ChefMick

Lincoln Medical Center (use of office materials for donation letters)

I also have some unconfirmed potential sponsors that I am working on :)

Talked to Canadian Tire 4th ave today and they are going to provide some prizes for the prize table :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard that my union local is donating $300 again this year. I will get confirmation this week and post back. Seems to be shaping up to be a great year again this year :D

• 3 weeks later...

So I have confirmation of the $300 donation. It arrived in the mail yesterday. It is getting to be about the time that I put the push on for donation confirmations. I have also secured to coffee earns so that we can provide coffee, tea and hot chocolate to go with the fresh baked cookies and cupcakes :D

Sounds great Meatface . As I posted earlier today , the garbage never ends , a sad reference of todays society . BUT.....it gives us the opportunity to get together and have some fun and show others that there are still a lot of people who care about our world. I will bring 6 of those long handled pickeruppers to hand out to people who want to use them for picking up unsanitary items etc. and to help save their old cranky backs . I'll also bring a table with 5 gal. of clean water & soft soap/ paper towels to wash hands . My 16' alum.freighter canoe is available again this year if needed .

• 1 month later...

Sounds great Meatface . As I posted earlier today , the garbage never ends , a sad reference of todays society . BUT.....it gives us the opportunity to get together and have some fun and show others that there are still a lot of people who care about our world. I will bring 6 of those long handled pickeruppers to hand out to people who want to use them for picking up unsanitary items etc. and to help save their old cranky backs . I'll also bring a table with 5 gal. of clean water & soft soap/ paper towels to wash hands . My 16' alum.freighter canoe is available again this year if needed .

Thanks Smerchly. I'm sure the canoe would come in handy again. Any help is welcome. We'll have to get together for a coffee at some point soon and go over things. Maybe some fishing is in order too, I've been trying to get out with Knightfisher but haven't been able to make it work so far.

On another note, I recieved confirmation from Giant Tiger in Grimsby today that they will once again provide the hot dogs for the BBQ :) I also have another Grimsby sponsor lined up, just waiting on confirmation.

Jon

Just got a message from Coachman and he is donating some flies to the cause for the prize table :D I find it amazing how all the 'little guys' step up when it comes to things like this. Also heard from the Grimsby Giant Tiger this week and they are going to supply all the hot dogs again this year for the BBQ. Finally got out and met Chef Mick who provided a $50 gift certificate for Mick and Angelos. I will be very soon starting to track down all of the sponsors and trying to get all the swag together so we can sort the prizing structure.

Also met with the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority and we are working on a big idea for late next summer. It'll be a miracle if I can pull it off...details to come ;)

Archived