Erie Today

captnn

Went out of PC this morning and got 40 perch in 65 ' of water. Nothing bigger than 10 inches. 90% of them were males.

Nothing wrong with the males, especially this time of year, I find there alot nicer fillet then the fat egg laden hens.

Females off crystal in 56 I believe :)

I believe you are right, 90 percent fish I caught yesterday were Preggys in 56 ft. Tried battered perch eggs for first time and they were good, but I can't get past the texture. Neighbor will be gettin all my eggs from now on lol.

Never knew you could eat the eggs....not that i would anyway. When i cleaned them they were loaded with eggs taking away a from the actual fillet size. Tons of eggs in them...are they good for anything other than eating? Bait?

Never knew you could eat the eggs....not that i would anyway. When i cleaned them they were loaded with eggs taking away a from the actual fillet size. Tons of eggs in them...are they good for anything other than eating? Bait?

Google it some people love it! My neighbors wife said she will take them all so i filled a bowl with them and she cooked a few 5 mintues later. She battered em and dep fried a few and baked a few other ones the deep fried tasted great, but id rather eat the fillets and not have a million eggs in my mouth lol feels wierd!

Google it some people love it! My neighbors wife said she will take them all so i filled a bowl with them and she cooked a few 5 mintues later. She battered em and dep fried a few and baked a few other ones the deep fried tasted great, but id rather eat the fillets and not have a million eggs in my mouth lol feels wierd!

I think i will try that next time I go out, i love caviar and fish eggs. And i agree id say fried would be better. So now more uses for the eggs.

I've eaten the eggs many times. Need to split the egg sac after sauteeing the outside and butterfly cook them to properly cook them without overcooking the outside and get the inside done. Garlic butter and chives...yumm.

Also, you can split the sacs and mix the eggs into your scrambled egg mixture with the appropriate seasonings....... a little piquante salsa and again....yum

Archived