Video Of One Wild Steelhead!

Craiger

Hey guys here's the video from the other week. This is the reason why I swing flies 95% of the time. Just watch the take it gets. Only finds those active fish willing to chase. Haven't gotten by buddies video yet so I will splice them together sometime soon. Hope you like it

Craig

Nice video Craiger....you missed the landing part though? They really slam on yhe swing for sure.

sweeeeeet. May I ask what the river is? it looks quiet and secluded.

if im right, im pretty sure its one of the tribs on the way to toronto, but i wouldnt hold your breath on being told his spot:P

Thanks a lot guys. CC that was on a big purple and black intruder...tried olive and black which my buddy was getting them on the day before. Not even a bump or pull. Water had good stain to it so I went for a big and dark profile. I guess thats all it took to get some attention.

Dave, I am just getting used to this gopro camera and I'm finding that I am not a fan of the head strap mount. As you can see I missed the fish while landing it. Time to get the chest mount I think. That way I can see where it's pointing all the time.

Ihasfish, As for the river name I will try and never post that on any public forum to try and protect the spots. As for that area though, I just got lucky and the rain overnight scared off all the other fisherman. She was running high but just perfect for swinging. Normally it is packed in there with float guys and the farthest place from secluded.

Cheers

Craig

Ive seen some of the Chest mount videos and it puts the viewer behind the reel, pretty cool. I have wanted a gopro myself. I have fished that stretch your in and done quite well there in the fall and they always seem to hit in the tail out or in the slack water just down a bit. Going to the fly place in Fergus when I get back from holidays to get some lessons and setup my rod for me...cant wait to get some steel on the swing.

Yes that it a good spot when you time it right. Hit the first one down near the tailout and then moved back up to get that fish in the video. If you ever need any help, I am in Kitchener so we could meet up sometime to work on things. Cheers

Craig

Nice vid...and nice fish...

At least we got to see the pic of the fish; I was really curious when you were landing it...

Its been a while since I was there as well...got a few fighters from that spot too....

Yes that it a good spot when you time it right. Hit the first one down near the tailout and then moved back up to get that fish in the video. If you ever need any help, I am in Kitchener so we could meet up sometime to work on things. Cheers

Craig

That would be great...Im going to see Rob Heal when I get home from down south. I want to get a few lessons in on the casting....and the grand river is just down the street so I have all summer to target some bass and pike....not that Im really interested in them, but it will at least give me something to target and work on the casting. Come fall, I know a few places that are perfect to target the steel.

• 3 weeks later...

Depending on where you go you may find a few hold backs or some resident fish but most of the lake fish should have fallen back to the lake to start feeding.

Archived