Mounsberg Pike Opener...

MOE FISHIN

Got there at 8 had two hammer handles by 9 and was blown away by the wind. Went to leave at 10 an had to wait for five boats at the launch. Home by one. Score; me 0. 9 year old son: 2. Next year will try a week night after work.

White spinners and bass busters seemed to be the thing.

Ya I was out there early no

Envelopes to

Pay at launch figured I'd pay when I got back in only to find a ticket on my truck from city of Hamilton lol.

Park staff need to restock envelopes before openers they know its busy

Ya I was out there early no

Envelopes to

Pay at launch figured I'd pay when I got back in only to find a ticket on my truck from city of Hamilton lol.

Park staff need to restock envelopes before openers they know its busy

Everytime I go to the launch there is a warden checking the pay box. I had to go around the lake to the main gate house several times. They take debit and credit at the gatehouse too. The receipt is valid proof of payment at the boat launch. Just an option if they run out of envelopes, or you forget your change (like I always do).

I thought I read the pike opened with bass there or is that other conservarion areas

As far as I am to understand the regular MNR seasons are observed...

Why should I have to drive all the way around because they can't restock the

Envelopes lol. I didn't want to waste precious fishing time.

I paid there the first time by accident and have always used the envelopes since

I ran into a few people who left notes on thier own dashboards saying they would pay but that there were no envelopes. They didnt get tickets. I know.... one was me. I got a white warning slip.

valens and Christie are closed until bass open cause they are part of the hamilton conservation areas and mountsberg is halton. everytime I have been there when they have no envelopes and I usually get to pay when I see the guy replace them. I fish from shore and he usually goes for a walk and asks if I paid and I walk back up with him and pay. I never gotten a ticket but that is the city of hamilton.

Mountsburg, my wallet still hurts when I hear that word.

A redheaded MNR guy waded thru the creek to nab me for walking on the railroad tracks. $110.

I showed that knob the dry way back & he still fell in, & still wrote me up.

Some very big pike washed in there around 2004-5 from parts unknown..

Then people started junking the place up with furniture, carpets, plastics, you name it.

I pass by ther regularly & cant bear to see it now.

Sorry to hear about your ticket, but the what.....18 no trespassing signs posted along the tracks if heeded would have saved you some coin and calling a C/O (who might I add has an insane amount of area to try and protect) a knob!

I was there today..its a zoo there(and its a weekday).still killed it tho..and the water was going over the dam a week ago.and it wasn't today.so it going down pretty quick lol

I went there today too for a couple of hours too; got one small pike on a spoon, it was quite windy and I just wasn't feeling it lol. Went to a different spot in Hamilton and got a carp and a catfish.

Mountsburg, my wallet still hurts when I hear that word.

A redheaded MNR guy waded thru the creek to nab me for walking on the railroad tracks. $110.

I showed that knob the dry way back & he still fell in, & still wrote me up.

Some very big pike washed in there around 2004-5 from parts unknown..

Then people started junking the place up with furniture, carpets, plastics, you name it.

I pass by ther regularly & cant bear to see it now.

It gets cleaned once in a while. Whether or not it is the conservation authority or citizens, I'm not sure, but a lot of people treat it like a garbage dump for some reason that is beyond me. I see hoards of d-bags wearing ed harley sweaters and unpeaked fullback hats in mobs walking up from the dam with their hoodrat girlfriends in tow dropping anything in their hands instead of putting it in their pockets or or a bag until they get to the garbage bin in the parking lot. Seriously, what is wrong with some people.

But keep off the tracks man. A fine is the least of your worries (outside of being mowed over by a freight train every 20min). CP pinkertons can criminally charge you with trespassing and the MNR can confiscate your gear and vehicle for fishing on private property. Just saying.

It's the citizens that clean it was there again today had a great time nailed a bunch of fish. Catch and release as almost always and

Filled a big black garbage bag with everything from socks to gloves etc. Then found 3

Semi cold Canadians that someone

Left right beside Lauch. Cheers to a good day. And hey there was envelopes this time and

No ticket!

Archived