Flies For The Keys

Dogman

I'm getting ready for a month in the Florida Keys so I've been tying like a mad man. Here are a few of my latest "flies"

The McCrab

mccrab2.jpg

mccrab1.jpg

I call this one the Dogbone

dogbone1.jpg

dogbone3.jpg

newflies.jpg

Hope you like them.

Those are really nice...I really like that shrimp pattern in the top left lower picture. You must be pumped to the nice long holiday down south. You wont want to go back to work when its all over...lol. Have a great time down there, get some pictures if you can !

I can't wait. This last few weeks is going to seem so long. I've been tying like a mad man for the last month and a half. It resulted in this...

dsc1544g.jpg

dsc1545i.jpg

I can't wait. This last few weeks is going to seem so long. I've been tying like a mad man for the last month and a half. It resulted in this...

dsc1544g.jpg

dsc1545i.jpg

WOW...............You have been tying like a madman. Don't think theres anything that you don't have..lol

Well I tied up a few larger crab patterns today. Hopefully they will be good for permit or tarpon. Waiting on the epoxy to dry then I will snap some pics.

tanfe.jpg

rustq.jpg

olivet.jpg

These are based on Don Lee's furry foam crab v2.

crabsx.jpg

These are tied on 2/0 Mustad 34007 2XH/1XL. The McCrab has roughly a 1-1 1/4" long body (not including the feathers).

Really nice...tarpon is still on my list after 2 failed attempts. I can clearly see your going to be doing some major fishing. Would love to be able to be there as long as your going to be. Might look into it myself for next year as we have family in Naples.

I won't be targeting anything specific, until maybe the last week if there is something that I haven't gotten on to. I'm just going to try and catch as many species as I can. I've been told by some friends that I could possibly pull off a slam in Lower Sugarloaf sound where the sound lets out into the Atlantic. Hell I'll be happy just catching jacks the whole time. :D

Archived