Niagara Musky Opener

rile

Going to the Niagara tommorow for opener, hope to have a report for when i get back. Has anyone been out on the river lately? If so how was the clarity, floating moss and temperature? We will be launching at frenchmans. Thanks

Canadian side, yes red october tubes seem to be one of the go to baits for the river, i picked up a few bondy baits at the odyssey this year that i plan to fish alot tommorow.

Canadian side, yes red october tubes seem to be one of the go to baits for the river, i picked up a few bondy baits at the odyssey this year that i plan to fish alot tommorow.

That's where I got mine too lol

Got a 40" casting a stalker downstream of miller creek, no other follows, river was loaded with moss so we didnt troll very much. Tried jigging the triangle aswell, saw some guys get a small one, talked to Scott Mckee from the niagara musky association and he landed a fat 47" fish trolling the triangle. Seems to be a good start to the season.

Fishing2013022_zpsd77146ee.jpg

Awesome fish and very nice start to the season. Thanks for the report !

I only use steel, mostly single strand and some 7 stand for trolling that i make myself. I dont find floro to be worth while, for the price and the fact that they can bite through it.

Hey guys,

New to fishing the niagara river for musky, where is triangle and millers creek? I was trolling large swim whiz yesterday, lost a small one...what depth ..casting? Agree tough trolling with all the weeds.

what size tubes? Is Odyssey a tackle store?

The "triangle" is an area between the train bridge in Ft Erie, and Strawberry island, and Frenchmans creek. With a bit of mapwork, you can find the area. Check out "Red October baits" for the tubes. If casting, focus on weedlines. Best bet is to get out there after some research, and put some time on the water. They wont come easy, but you can figure them out if you put your time in

Archived