Walleye Fishing Charters?

ngoufei

We enjoyed our first salmon fishing trip in Captain Nava's boat last week. It was amazing and we would like another fishing trip soon. I've been trying to catch walleye but I have no idea where to find them. Google search didn't help me with finding any walleye fishing charters. Do you guys know any charters that do walleye trip around this area?

Party boat fishing style is more common on the American side because they have more structure than on our side. The structure seems to hold the fish in a particular area like up north. But if you have a school located over here it would seem reasonable that you could cast or jig for them over here. I would guess that the secret is to be away from the trooling hordes, i.e. boat traffic and work undisturbed fish.

Remember the good 'ol days when they used to have a Party Boat style of fishing (similar to ocean charter)?

You paid for your spot on the boat and waited for the signal to start casting. At the time it was usually chucking Erie Dearies and used the countdown method.This way you get to use your own tackle if you wish to bring it.

What ever happened to that type of charter fishing? Maybe it got tough to fill a boat to justify going out? Or was walleye in Erie at its ultimate peak?

It got tougher to fill the old party boats and much easier to get 4-6 person charters for the same amount of $$$$. I remember fishing Long Pt Bay as a kid and seeing the party boats. However there are still charters out of the North Shore of Erie that fish the Erie Dearie style, they also will take you for perch in the morning then Walleye after.

Archived