Walleye Reports On Erie

BrendanMitchell

Thinking of taking my boss out tues with his friend weather permitting of course. There was a thread around here but I can't seem to find it. Ill be launching outta PC and going deep most likely. Any advice from the regulars out there? Probably going to run four in lines with small dipseys and one rigger but I'm tempted to bring my 300 coppers out has anyone run coppers for eyes I know lead is used more but I don't have any... Yet any input is appreciated

Monkey puke seems to be the go to colour this year. Havn't got out yet as the kicker,well kinda kicked, and the backup is at the cottage. Bringing that one back this weekend so I an itching to try for a couple of fish.

There were lots of fish on the line in front of Sherkston on the weekend but they were mixed in with a lot of silver bass. We didn't find any fish at the can. I found some bigger fish Sunday west of the can but there were not a lot of numbers.

Was out today 74 FW off PC, marked a couple schools and work the area.... When we found temp in the 66f range at 60ft down rods fired..... Ended up with a 10 lb, 2lb and an 8lb eye..... Trolled at 2mph at the ball to keep the farm animals and silvers off.......

Fished yesterday east of the weather marker. Boated 9 walleye. Fish are still holding tight to bottom. We fished the bottom 10 feet of water with big dipsies 220 back on a 3 setting and 160 back on a 1 set. Riggers parked at 56 and 60 feet caught fish with 20 to 30 foot leads. Harnesses and sticks took fish. Junk fish didn't seem to be quite as bad yesterday. Still lots of fish out there be had. Only fished for a couple hours. Marked fished steady. Lots of 3 and 4 lbers. Great eats! Good luck!

Was out there again this morning for a few hours, went 4 for 4 on the eyes, very few Silvers..... All came off the riggers set 10 Ft off bottom with 50 -80 Ft leeds, worm harnesses took 3 and 1 on a fire tiger spoon............Ran dipsies 200 back but never fired.... Kempt my speed a 2.2 mph at the ball all morning rods started firring once the sun was high in the sky, beautifull morning out there........... But 4 pics in 5 hrs is a good day....Now off to work.....

Archived