This May Be A Dumb Question....

Jmo1685

Hey Guys and Gals,

I know it has been awhile since I have last posted, but my schooling has been keeping me quite busy (Tomorrows my last day of the semester). I have been Perch fishing the Scugog river in town to keep me occupied, but they weren't really big enough for a report... Anyways, onto my question...

Is there a rod that could be used for both throwing spoons of a pier for salmon in the fall, and used to bottom bounce in the Niagara or another trib later on in the season? The only reason I am asking is because the last 3 falls I have been at school, and haven't had a chance to fully witness and experience the fall fishing that the Niagara Region has to offer, and I want to find a rod that I can use in the fall for those two tasks (With money being still kinda tight atm). If you guys have any suggestions or something it would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,

Jake

Buy an Okuma SST ......

Mine cost me 80$ like 4 years ago....

It's a 10'6" 6-12lb I believe, strong enough for chucking spoons and sensitive enough for bottom bouncing.

Mine rarely sees action anymore but I still use it every fall for kings.

I wish I could afford an Avid series rod.... but that's not going to be for a few more years down the road... :(

I looked at the Okuma one, and the price seems right, now to find one to feel and see...

Its to my understanding that I should be looking for a rod that is around the 10' mark and with a ML power with a fast action tip?

Archived