Lake Simcoe

larry b

Peters covers cooks bay and blue ice covers Georgina / port bolster etc PS if anyone ever needs a partner or wants to hop in I have everything from a Atv with trailer , portable hut tons electronics etc and am up around the Georgina area pretty much every week

And Larry .... If u need for sure conditions feel free pm me I have a few locals who I call to get exact conditions

just checked with a buddy of mine Barrie marine in K-Bay is just starting to get ice around the docks...lots of open water....I have no info for the rest of the lake howerver

Why don't you administrators get together on procedures for reporting ice conditions. In the topic " Ice Reports" an administrator says don't rely on heresay just first hand knowledge for reporting ice conditions then locked the thread. Although informative this post is heresay.

Why don't you administrators get together on procedures for reporting ice conditions. In the topic " Ice Reports" an administrator says don't rely on heresay just first hand knowledge for reporting ice conditions then locked the thread. Although informative this post is heresay.

the two posts were regarding different situations, chef mick is not saying there is safe ice, he is saying its just starting to ice up, in the other thread, the admin simply said to please only take "safe ice" reports from first hand, difference being is one is just saying ice is starting to form, not to go on it.Other is saying if you plan to ice fish only listen to first hand knowledge.

I've found a simple phone call to a local operator in the area in which I plan to hit is a excellent way to get good accurate conditions most the time they are pretty honest especially If u tell them u are travelling a good ways to come and fish !

Cooks bay message board has a new map on a thread that shows a rough idea of ice thickness with spud test videos starting Monday.Have a look guy's & be prepared when going out!

Archived