Any Musicians Here ?

Jmo1685

Hey Guys and Gals !

So the title kinda says it all. Anyone here play an instrument or are in a band ? I'm a drummer of 6 years , and after 4 years my band recently broke up. I'm hoping maybe there's a few people here who might wanna jam this summer (a song about fishing perhaps ? ;) )

Rile, I really liked that video, and your guys' sound.

Toaster, what kind of drum set do you have? (I'm curious cause I'm a drumming nerd B))

And Drifter, what kind of bass do you have? I recently picked up bass at school, because I can't bring my drums to school

For some reason the "quote" button isn't working...

That is a nice kit ! Mine was made in a sweat shop probably in Asia... Pearl Forum, 6 pieces ( I only use one rack tom and 2 floors , the rest are on a shelf), and a Pearl Sensitone Aluminum Snare. My dream kit is a custom kit from C+C percussion... but that's a long ways away, and a lot of money too.

As for the bass, I have a Fender Squier Jazz bass ( just beginning)... but I am really jealous of the fretless bass.. I always thought that they look really cool, and would be a whole heck of a lot of fun to play.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bass for 30 years. Diehard. Self tAught on drums guitar piano. Recorded

A cd of soundtrack style mellow stuff and most recently a 4 track

Jazz fusions type of thing hi lighting the bass. 2 basses right now. Fender jazz standard

And a fretless fender.

• 3 weeks later...

I think we can form a NFN band here ! I come from a musical family on my fathers side . Anyone here over 70 may have heard Abbie Andrews and the Canadian Ranch Boys on CKTB radio back in the 50's . He was a fiddle player and my father was on the piano . Unfortunately ,after a year or so of taking piano lessons at 10 years old , I never carried on the tradition .......I became a pro listener...... :)

Archived