Rec

captnn

The ice on the rec is not 12"+

I'm sure he means the 'Dropped/Broken Ice Along The Shoreline" is 12'+" ...I just came home from scouting the rec in Dain City and did not venture out to check what the actual ice thickness was on the canal because I too was by myself, and did not want to attempt the decent down those huge broken sheets of ice along the shore. That being said, I did not notice ANY footprints anywhere along the canal, so I think I'll wait until I have someone to go with or until I see someone else go out there then i'll giv'r. lol

If you're talking the rowing club end across from the old John Deer, that was me. Solid 4inches of ice, the water is very dirty. I stayed a couple hours, not even a sniff but I didn't have any minnows or my sonar. First time out this year, just happy to drop a line!

6-8" again today, slow for me

what part of the rec were you fishing. down in dain city you have to find water that is not too dirty. ive found that the bite is really bad when the water is brown. clearer water should be found closer to port colborne but then you have to worry about ice conditions if you get too close to the point

Archived