Their Goose Got Cooked? .... Nah.

Frank81

It's not the Ministry who passes sentence. You can line up 100 habitual offenders before a judge, and if he chooses to hand out 100 suspended sentences, well the judge gets the final say. Not the CO's, not the ministry.

As for the Dufours,... I have not heard that name in decades, but it don't surprise me one bit.

It's not the Ministry who passes sentence. You can line up 100 habitual offenders before a judge, and if he chooses to hand out 100 suspended sentences, well the judge gets the final say. Not the CO's, not the ministry.

As for the Dufours,... I have not heard that name in decades, but it don't surprise me one bit.

Yeah, I am aware that its not the CO's or the ministry that get the final say, that was my brain to fingers typing mistake when I started this thread.

I like the $2000 to Ducks Unlimited idea, but I feel that they should not get their items back (ATV, Guns etc....) after the fines are paid, the stuff should be auctioned off and they should have a minimum!! 5 year suspension from hunting anything. Heck, I can get fines and a 6 year loss of my NEXUS card for crossing US/Canadian border and am caught not declaring a case of beer.

I agree Frank. Once your finger is on the trigger, you've made you mind to do it. (take more than the limit) Its not like one shot took out 9 geese.

That would be one impressive shot if it did take out 9! The hunters made poor decisions and are paying the price. Although it makes me feel lucky for our 5-bird limit here, and the 10-bird limit for the upcoming late season.

That would be one impressive shot if it did take out 9! The hunters made poor decisions and are paying the price. Although it makes me feel lucky for our 5-bird limit here, and the 10-bird limit for the upcoming late season.

Are those limits daily or possession?

Yeah, I am aware that its not the CO's or the ministry that get the final say, that was my brain to fingers typing mistake when I started this thread.

I like the $2000 to Ducks Unlimited idea, but I feel that they should not get their items back (ATV, Guns etc....) after the fines are paid, the stuff should be auctioned off and they should have a minimum!! 5 year suspension from hunting anything. Heck, I can get fines and a 6 year loss of my NEXUS card for crossing US/Canadian border and am caught not declaring a case of beer.

The difference is that you signed papers for your nexus card. No comparison.

The difference is that you signed papers for your nexus card. No comparison.

I signed 1 paper, got a photo taken and submitted finger prints to the United States Government and had a complete back ground check done for my NEXUS so I can cross the border with less hassle, me being a frequent crosser

I also signed 4 papers for my Hunting and PAL, submitted a photo and am waiting for my background check from the RCMP to come back so I can enjoy the outdoors.

So BOTH of them had me sign papers, pay a fee to submit an application and BOTH make sure that YOU UNDERSTAND the RULES and REGULATIONS.

Like I said earlier, I risk getting fines and losing my NEXUS rights for 6 years by simply not properly declaring a case of beer or any product for that matter, when harvesting game and the RULES that you should understand are blatantly broken and you get a slap on the wrist, there is something wrong with the way the system handles these poaching cases.

Frank I agree with you. You know the consequences if you get caught smuggling. With poachers there is no set law. It is determined by a judge. They can charge you what they want. Make the charges a life time ban and there are hunters who will think twice and others will still do it.

Archived