Google Maps

smerchly

I cleared my history as usual yesterday , including the cookies . I went to Google Maps today at 4pm & it has been changed completely . ....a whole new format ! I can work with that ok , but I noticed the map is an older version that doesn't even show the new hospital on 4th . It shows only the beginning of the area being landscaped . How do I get the new map that I had yesterday ? I use Firefox and Windows 7 .

....spent 2 hrs trying to get updated map , uninstalled 3 times & still get old versions of google earth & maps , tried a restore , won't restore .......pulled the plugs ,,,,,no change .

EDIT : instead of a new post .......I downloaded with Chrome & now I'm not sure how up to date my old maps were . Google Earth has a 2009 date on the bottom of the page & street view is very recent (new hospital shows) . I thought it strange that earth view of Port Dalhousie island , east side of the grandstands is still under excavation as is the hospital site . I'll live with that as I can still download maps and edit them .

Thanks for your help Finsanity .

• 2 weeks later...

I just looked at it. the map say it's 2014 but when I go to google earth the hospital is just a hole in the ground. I find those satellite images to always be a couple of years old. Go look at your house and you'll see the same thing, usually there's a car in the driveway I sold years ago.

Archived